Chapter 65:

We laid there for hours, our naked limbs woven together. I had my head rested on his chest, listening to his limited heartbeats. I didn't dare look at the clock, because I knew we only had a handful of minutes left. Draco started to sit up but I held him tighter, refusing to let him leave.

"Don't go" I whimpered.

"I'm just getting dressed, princess." Draco whispered soothingly into my ear.

"Why do you need to get dressed?"

"Because I'd rather not be nude when Harry...comes to collect my body."

I shook my head, my emotions raising to the surface again. "I can't do this. None of this is fair! I can't lose you, I won't lose you!"

I sat up and stared determinedly down at Draco.

"Love," He sat up too and cradled my face in his hands. "There's nothing more we can do."

Draco stood up and slipped into his clothes.

"There is. I won't live in a world that you're not in." I said, standing up and pulling on my clothes as well.

"Jen, I know where you're going with this and I won't let you." Draco turned to glare at me. "Don't you dare get any ridiculous ideas."

"We're dying together, Draco. I refuse to have it any other way." I sat down on the bed and stretched my legs out in front of me.

"Well, I refuse it to have it that way. Please, don't do this. Remember what you told me when I was planning on ending my life? That you'd never forgive me, and I won't ever forgive you if you hurt yourself. I realize it'll be hard but I know you'll get through it, you've lost a lot of people in your lifetime and you always pull through."

"I can't, Draco—"

"Yes, you can." Draco sat on the edge of the bed and grabbed my hands. "Not only will you not be alone, you'll have these." Draco pulled out the locket I had given him from under his shirt and placed it on my neck. Then he grabbed my wedding ring from the night stand and put it on my finger. "Reyna, Harry, Darl and Blaise will all be with you. You're not alone."

Tears filled my eyes. "I know I won't be alone, but that's not that matters. What matters is I won't have you. I need you, Draco. I don't want to live without you."

"I know, princess, and I don't want to leave you." He cradled my face in his hands and gave me a small smile. "I never thought it would end this way."

Tears were flowing freely down my face again and I held back a sob. "Me either. I didn't think anything could separate us."

Draco rested his forehead against mine and kissed me softly. "I love you, Jennifer Malfoy."

"I love you too."

Draco's eyes were fluttering and he started putting more weight on me.

"I'm getting really...sleepy." Draco mumbled and suddenly he collapsed on me.

Grunting, I dragged Draco and laid him on the bed. His eyes were closed and he wasn't moving.

"Draco." I whimpered.

I felt for a pulse...but there wasn't one.

I curled up next to Draco's body and buried my face in his neck. I couldn't cry, I refused to cry. I just stayed there, refusing to move and refusing to believe that he was gone. Denial and reason were fighting chaotically in my mind but I refused to acknowledge them. I just pretended that Draco was sleeping and he was fine, that all of this was just another nightmare.