Chapter 25:

***Draco's POV***

The last few months have been absolute hell.

I'm forced to not only stay away from Jen, but to continue on my stupid mission. Every single, bloody night Snape makes me go back to the Vanishing Cabinet and work on it. It's ridiculous but Snape said 'you've wasted four months running around with Jen so you don't get to have a break.' I think the main reason he's keeping me busy is because he doesn't want me to go see Jen. What he doesn't know is that I wouldn't do that, if it is to keep her safe I will do anything. Even if it kills me.

I've just been watching her from afar. I couldn't help it, I tried to stay away from her but it was impossible. I still stay up at night and wonder if she believes me. I hope she knows that I do love her. I should be obvious because I don't do this kind of stuff. I don't date. I don't tell girls I love them. I don't kiss girls the way I kiss Jen. I hope she knows that. I hope she knows that she is the only one for me. I will do anything to prove it to her.

Sitting in class with her is the worst. Since we usually sit next to each other it makes it hard. It takes all my self-restraint not to pull her into my arms and snog her right in front of everyone. I have to keep my hands clamped together in my lap so I don't reach over and grab onto her hand or bring her to my chest. I miss being able to do that. I miss being able to pull her into my arms and hug her, burying my face in the safety of her neck. I miss being able to kiss her and being able to tell other guys to 'piss off, she's mine.'

I miss laughing with her because she has the most beautiful laugh. She hates her laugh but I could listen to her laugh all day long. I miss seeing her hazel eyes sparkle when she smiles. I miss hearing her voice as she talked my ear off about school and all of her homework. But I didn't care, I would listen to her voice all day. I miss those times during Christmas Break when we got to hang out all the time. I remember the first night we fell asleep together....

(Flashback in Italics)

It was the second day of Christmas Break and Jen and I have been taking every opportunity to hang out. There wasn't a lot of people here so we didn't have to be as careful. I was meeting her in the Room of Requirements today, our new meeting spot. I don't know why the Room of Requirements is staying open for us but I don't question it. Maybe it realized that it is the only place to go so we aren't caught.

I walked into the Room of Requirements that looked the same as it did when I brought Jen here for the first time. I went to the back of the couch and traced the S and R embroidered on the back. The R was on top of the S and the S was Slytherin green and the R was Ravenclaw blue. I loved how this room brought together our two houses. I went over to the fire and turned it on since it was getting chilly.

I heard the door open as I was trying to get the fire started. I felt arms wrap around my torso and I smiled as Jen rested her head against my back.

"Hello, Jen." I smiled, holding on her hands that rested on my stomach.

"Hello, Drackie." Jen teased.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to give Jen a proper hug.

"You are such a tease, JT."

Jen laughed at my new nickname for her. "Okay let's make a deal. I won't ever call you Drackie if you don't call me JT."

"Why? Does it bother you, JT?" I teased, nuzzling my nose into her neck.

I felt her laugh against me as she ran one hand through my hair. "Not as much as it bothers you, Drackie."

Without warning, I picked Jen up and throw her over my shoulder. She gasped then started laughing.