twelve

Sunday blurred by invisibly. Bella and I still hadn't talked about anything- she was now avoiding me. We had tried to talk about it, but it only ended with the both of us glaring at each other. She wanted to know more, I was content with what we already knew. I felt as if it was enough, but for her, it wasn't.

So here I was, walking into school alone. Dad had driven me, upon request, and Bella had stayed behind. Despite my poor mood, the sun was still out and the sky was still clear. And I knew that I would be able to prolong talking to Emmett. If the sun was out, the Cullens didn't show up to school - well now I knew why.

It seemed like everyone had the same idea as I did- it was warm outside, which meant it was the perfect weather for shorts. I wore a pair of faded blue jean shorts, and a plain yellow top, with my black converse. My hair was done in a simple high pony and the only makeup I had on was mascara and lip balm. I had my thin white zip-up hoodie tied around my waist and I found myself playing with the sleeves as I walked towards my locker.

To my surprise, Bella was already here. She was wearing her usual jeans and long-sleeved tee, but what shocked me was that she had her hair braided loosely. "Hey." She said to me as I reached her.

"Hi," I responded. I opened my locker and threw my backpack inside of it and grabbed whatever books I needed before closing it.

"Do you want to come with me to take Jake lunch later? It'd be during our lunch period." She asked silently.

"Sure, I'll meet you here after Gym." I smiled slightly at her and turned around to go to class. I hated that things were awkward between us, but until our boy problems were solved, the tension wasn't going to fade.

My morning classes weren't nearly as exciting as I hoped they'd be. Government was a bust and I probably failed the pop quiz we took. Algebra was horrendous, like always. But Gym, that was worse. Since it was a nice day outside, Coach had us do laps around the track field. I was extremely glad I hadn't worn make-up that day.

After changing out of my gym clothes and slathering myself with deodorant, I took my hair out of the hair tie and let it hang loosely down my back. I grabbed my things and headed towards my locker to deposit them into it. Bella stood there reading her book and silently waiting.

"Ready?" She asked as I approached her. I nodded and quickly shoved my books into my locker and followed her out of the school. As we walked to the truck, I slipped my hoodie on and left it unzipped. Well, it wasn't mine, I had taken it from Bella's closet. "Here." After we clambered into the truck, she tossed me a small green bottle and as I looked at it, it turned out to be a small bottle of body spray.

I sprayed it on myself and the smell of green apples hit me hard. I smiled a little and practically bathed myself in it. She chuckled a little as she watched me but did the same when I tossed it back to her.

"So I was thinking we could pick up burgers from the fast food place for us and just take one to him also?" She suggested.

"Sounds good." I nodded. We drove to the little burger joint not too far from the school and ordered three basic cheeseburgers, but we decided to be extra nice and put bacon on Jake's. We each got the same meal: cheeseburger, large fry, and a chocolate milkshake.

As we drove, Bella ate her food slowly. It was funny to see her trying to drive and eat at the same time. She was a clumsy person naturally, so when the truck swerved because she was too focused on her burger, I couldn't help but laugh. It truly was an amusing sight to see and I was glad to note that the tension between us had evaporated into nothing.

LaPush High's parking lot was dead. There were plenty of cars but nobody was standing around outside like they do at our school. Bella decided to wait in the truck while I took Jake his food, so I grabbed mine also and decided to make the most of my lunch period.