thirteen

So how old are you?" I asked Emmett as I shoved a potato chip in my mouth. We were sitting at a secluded table in a corner of the cafeteria and the topic of his supernaturalness came up.

"Eighteen." He answered. We were sitting side by side with his arms wrapped around me as I quizzed him.

"And how long have you been eighteen?" I raised an eyebrow, though he couldn't see it. Across the cafeteria, I noticed the rest of the Cullens -and Bella- sitting at their usual table while glancing in our direction.

"Too long." He laughed. I let out a small chuckle also but it was quickly muffled when I took a bite of my sandwich. "Anything else you want to know?" He asked as he twirled a strand of my curled hair.

"Sunlight?" I asked simply.

"Doesn't bother us." He confessed.

"Well, then what happens?" I asked.

"I'll show you someday." He placed a small kiss on my hair before I continued.

"Sleeping in coffins?" At that, he laughed.

"Myth, we don't sleep." He laughed again.

"At all?" I gaped. He nodded but his laughs didn't stop. "Well, that must suck. I love to sleep, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't sleep." I ranted.

"So aren't you gonna ask the most important question?" His voice had hardened and I felt his arms tighten around me.

"Do you turn into a bat?" I asked, curiosity and confusion laced in my voice. He gaped at me but from across the room, I heard someone erupt into an endless fit of laughter. With one small glance, I realized it was coming from Jasper. The others sat there with amused looks on their faces but Jasper was bent over and laughing heartily.

"Funny." Emmett deadpanned and I knew Jasper heard him but his chuckles still hadn't subsided.

"So that's a no?" I quipped.

"It's a no." He shot me a look. I raised my hands in surrender and went back to eating my sandwich. "What I meant was, aren't you going to ask about what I eat?"

"Eventually but I kind of already know." I shrugged.

"How?" his voice still hadn't lost its edge.

"Bella mentioned that Jake told her that according to the Legends, you and your family only hunted animals," I explained. "That you weren't supposed to be dangerous because of your unorthodox diet."

"He said we weren't dangerous?"

"You weren't supposed to be." I corrected him.

"Well, then I guess you know everything about us." His voice was back to its original tone.

"Not everything." I pointed out. "But I'm pretty sure I'll learn more along the way." I smiled at him.

"I'm sure you will." He returned my smile.

= =

"So, you and Emmett are a thing?" I glanced up from the worksheet I was doing and looked at Greg as he watched me warily.

"Yes," I answered. Emmett hadn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend but I figured it was safe to assume that's what we were.

"I hate to say this, but I don't like it." He scratched his neck and looked straight at me.

"So?" I glared at him. He gulped nervously under my heated gaze but didn't look away.

"I just - isn't he, you know, too old for you?" He asked. "And-" He began to say more but I cut him off.

"Look, Greg, it's sweet that you care, but care a little less." He nodded and I stood up as the bell rang. "See you," I muttered to him before I left the room. I huffed as I walked down the hall to my locker but was stopped by Jennah and Asher. They stood in front of me and as I looked past them I saw Emmett staring at us as he leaned against the wall next to my locker.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" I asked them kindly as they glanced at each other and then at me. I fiddled with the ends of the white cardigan I wore over my white top as I waited for them to answer.

"The squad is having a small party tomorrow night, you should come." Jennah smiled.

"I don't think I'll be able to," I confessed. Her smile faltered but then she followed my gaze and saw Emmett smirking at us.

"Oh, I see." She smirked as she looked back at me. "Well have fun then and text me." She winked before walking away and dragging Asher with her.

I giggled and continued on my path to Emmett. "Hey." I smiled at him as I opened my locker.

"Sup." He replied. A sense of deja vu hit me and I realized we've had this conversation before but in reverse.

"The sky." I quipped.

"Smartass." He mumbled before closing my locker for me and pulling me to him. I giggled and buried my face into his chest. "So are you still coming over later?"

"That's the plan," I said, though it came out muffled. I felt him nod which indicated he still understood me.

"Good, I'll drop you off and then pick you up later?" he suggested and I nodded again. "Well, let's get going then." I nodded again and stepped away from him. He looped my bag around his shoulder and wrapped his free arm around my waist as we walked out to the parking lot.

We met up with his family as soon as we got to his Jeep and we hastily told them bye before climbing into his oversized vehicle and speeding away. The ride back to my house was silent except for Emmett obnoxiously belting out the lyrics to whatever song was playing on the radio. We pulled up to the house and I perked up as I recognized the rusty brown truck that belonged to Billy. Emmett parked in front of the house and we quickly exchanged a kiss goodbye before I leaped out of the car and watched him zoom away.

"Hey." I smiled at Billy and Jake as I hugged them. "Hey, dad." I hugged him while he still stared at the place where Emmett's Jeep had been.

"Who was that?" he nodded towards the space.

"Friend from school." I dismissed but with a small glance at Billy, I could tell he knew just who that friend was.==

so q & a time.

q: who's your favorite character(s) from the entire twilight saga?

my answer: Jane and Alec are my faves - along with Jasper ♡

comment your answer!...

====