~Chapter 20~ Vulnerable Manik

Nandini's POV

I lazily opened my eyes and looked here and there, everybody is asleep. I smile appeared on my pouty lips. The most important ladies of my life were sleeping peacefully besides me. Navya didi, the most understanding sister come friend was just sleeping beside me. I glanced at her right side, there was my Bhabhi, and Mukti Bhabhi was sleeping hugging her favourite pillow, which Abhimanyu Bhaiya gave her on their first date. I smiled sheepishly. Then Mom. I felt something watery under my eyes, I quickly raised my hands and wiped it off. Yes I always feel lucky to have a mother in law like her, I mean she is so understanding, so sweet, and so motherly. Then after her I saw my Chachi sleeping beside her, she is the most happening person in my life, whenever I am sad, she makes me smile. I really don't know what mother is, but there she is My Chachi, she is my mother, my father, my friend, everything and I am going to miss her. I signed and got up. I glanced at wall clock, it was showing 3:45. I thought make tea for everyone. So I just went down.

I was climbing down the stairs, while humming a melody, I heard some noises from downstairs, I got confused, something had broken, some vase may be, so I quickly went down, and I saw Manik. He was going out, I don't know where. I ran after him, but he didn't stopped, I called him, I yelled his name, but he just got deaf. He just went away. I was standing at the door watching him going away. He didn't turned back. He is angry, but why? He talked to Dad? I don't know, in the afternoon he said he'll think. phir what happened. I have to call him yes.

I called him, but no response, I again called him. Same no response. I called again and again, but there was no reply. I messaged him. But he was not online. I got worried, his anger is a bit loud, I hope he don't hurt himself. I just pray to aiyappa to keep him safe.

Manik's POV

I was driving my car to the fullest, yes I need to calm down, I need it. I don't know where I am going, but I want to be alone, alone so that no one can see my worries, my pain, and my tears. I driving and driving remembering what had happened few minutes back.

Flashback

It was a peaceful afternoon, after having a "quality time" with my girl of course Nandini, we all had lunch, cracking jokes and usual talks. Everybody retired to their room, I was also tired, and tired of thinking so much, so I too went to my room to have a quick nap. I had a pleasant sleep, suddenly my phone rang and I got up, it already got cut, so I thought I'll check it later, but it again rang. I rubbed my eyes, and looked here and there, everybody was sleeping too, so I just got out of the room and checked my phone. Of course who cannot let me live in peace. INVESTORS... GRrr.. one day I am gonna kill them.

Putting aside all my thoughts I called him.

Me: Hello, Yes Mr. Smith.

Smith: How ridiculous your behaviour is. Is this way you behave?

I was irritated by his comments: Mr. Smith, you know I am on vacation with my family, so must be busy. Tell me, what so urgent?

Smith let out a sarcastic laugh: hmmm, vacation and all. Good going, Mr. Manik. But let me remind you, the deal is still on from my side.

Me: see Mr. Smith, I already told you that I had already started doing my business, the family business. I am not interested. Why don't you understand?

Smith angrily: because I don't want to. See Mr. Manik, you don't have any choice. And about your family business. I can do a lot of things which may cause a problem for your family business.

I got confused, what did he meant? Me: what do you mean?

Smith signed: I mean, you have no other choice my friend. Accept my proposal or your family business may fail.