~Chapter 29~ Just 3 More Months

Car stopped just in front of the Murthy Villa at 9 pm in night. Manik was on driving seat while Nandini was sitting quietly on passenger seat. She looked at him he too looked at her. He placed his left hand on her right hand.

He caressed her knuckles: Thank you for staying with me the whole day and doing crazy stuff. Thanks for everything.

Nandini smiled: Manik, you don't need to thank me. I know, tum abhi bhi pareshaan ho. Sad ho. Hurt ho. Par shayad me agar tumhare sath rahungi to tumhe dard kam ho. Isiliye tumhare sath pura din thi. Tumhi kehte hona would be better half hu tumhari, agar Khushi bant sakti hu to gham nahi bant sakti kya?

He nodded and hugged her: I love you. Bahot sara.

She too hugged him: I love you too Manik.

They broke the hug after some time.

Nandini: Manik, ab aage kya karenge?

Manik took out his phone and dialled a number and put it on speaker. It was ringing.

After sometime the person picked up the call.

Person: Hello

Manik: Hello Mr. Smith. Manik here.

Smith: ohh hello Manik. I was about to call you. So when we are meeting again?

Manik sadly: Mr. Smith I am so sorry, but I can't do this.

Smith: do what Manik?

Nandini understood what he was doing so she placed her hands on his hands and shook her head. He held her hands and nodded in yes.

Manik: Mr. Smith, I am out of this deal. I will continue the business of my Dad.

Smith angrily: Manik how can you do this?

Manik: Mr. Smith. You know that my family have problems with music, it was just a take from my side that may be they would understand, but sir for me my family is more than anything else. I am sorry. I hope you understand.

Smith sighed: you know Manik, I always knew that you will not do this.

This revelation shocked Nandini and Manik both.

Manik confusingly: Means?

Smith let out a small laugh: Manik my boy, you know your father is very lucky to have you as son. I don't know what problem he has regarding music, but I can definitely say that you will always make him proud whether it is music or it is his own business. But Manik you know why I was forcing you?

Manik asked: why?

Smith: because I want you Manik, in this industry. You are really talented Manik. But alas, it's your decision. But don't forget I am here always, whenever you need me. You know may be after some time your father will also understand and in case you need me then I am just a call away.

Manik smiled: Thank you so much Mr. Smith. But there is no coming back to music. That's for sure. I am sorry, but I will keep in touch for sure.

Smith smiled: yah see you soon Manik.

They ended the call, Manik put the phone back in his pocket and looked at Nandini. She was continuously looking at him. He asked her through his eyes "what?"

She shook her head and instantly hugged him: you know Manik, lucky tum nahi lucky me hu. Because you are the best son, best bhai and best would be in the whole world.

Manik hugged her back and smiled sadly: kya fark padta he Nandini, Dad will hate me now.

Nandini broke the hug: no he will not. Just be normal. I am sure he will understand. Smith is right. Dad is lucky to have you as his son.