~Chapter 32~ Chadariya Jheeni Re Jheeni

She asked numbly: what do you mean?

I pushed her away and took out my engagement ring from my hand and said angrily: I am over with this.

She stood there numbly seeing me with teary eyes. I know she is hurt, but I am hurt even more. She can't do this to me. Jo bhi isne aaj kiya uske baad I can't stay with her. how dare she? How bloody dare she thought to disrespect Dad's decision. Moreover, unse iss tarah se baat aaj tak kisi ne nahi ki. Aur me uske liye tumhe kabhi maaf nahi kar sakta Nandini, kabhi bhi nahi.

Mom came running to me and said crying: No no Manik, don't do this. Its reaping. History is reaping Manik. Don't do this.

I looked at her and she was sobbing, I looked at others, Murthy's were more in shock listening to my words.

I turned my face to Nandini, she was looking down. No one dared to speak a single word.

Cabir went to Nandini and said: Nandini, say sorry bacha. This was not right whatever you did. Say sorry to Manik, and Anant Uncle.

Nandini looked up at him and held her tears back and turned her face to me and walked to me. I know she will say sorry to me. But I am not accepting it.

She stood just in front of me with tears in her eyes, I anger in my eyes.

She said numbly: me kyun sorry bolu Jiju. I am an orphan. Mere parents ne mujhe kuch bhi nahi sikhaya. How can I say sorry? I don't know how to respect elders.

I looked at her with tears in my eyes, it's hurting Nandini, don't do this. I wish tum ye sab nahi karti.

She again continued: jab tumne faisla le hi liya he, to me kya bol sakti hu.

Navya Didi came and jerked her: kya bol rahi he tu? Sorry bol abhi ke abhi.

She turned to Mom and said: Aunty me sorry bolti hu Nandini ki taraf se. please nadan he meri behen. Please maaf kar dijiye use.

Mom held her hands and they both cried.

Nandini was still looking in to my eyes, and I was looking in to her eyes, pain was visible in both of our eyes.

She said: me nadan nahi hu, Didi. Me Anarth hu.

Navya Didi cried more.

Till now Nandini had stopped crying and she said those words which I didn't wanted to hear.

Nandini: hamesha tumhara sath deneka wada kiya tha Manik, chahe Khushi me ya gham me. Ab jab tumne faisla kar liya he ki tumhe mere sath nahi rehna. To thik he. Isme bhi tumhara sath dungi.

Tears flowed from eyes, blurring my vision.

She took out her engagement ring, I gazed at her hand. They were now devoid of the ring which I gave her.

She showed me her ring and tears appeared in her eyes, but she held it back: it's over Manik.

I closed my eyes, listening to those words. A flash of memory came in front of my eyes, we were happy till evening, few minutes have changed our equations. I opened my eyes and found her staring at me with tears in her eyes.

We can't speak to each other, but I can understand what her eyes were saying to me. She is deeply hurt. I am hurt.

She moved back from me and placed the ring on the side table and again looked at me. I held my tears back.

She started walking out of the hall. Mom rushed to her and stopped her.

Mom: no no Nandini don't do this. Me sorry bolti hu please.