Chapter Five

How dare he? Seriously, how dare he? First he kidnaps my father, then he decides I'll be his prisoner and now he thinks he has the right to tell me what to wear? Is he serious? Why should he care anyway?

I go to the bed and sit on it then tug at my bracelet. I need to get this damn thing off! I need to talk to my brother through the mind link. I just need to! But it seems like the more I try to get it off, the tighter it becomes.

I hear my door open but I don't look up. I just keep tugging at the bracelet.

"Sweetheart don't bother, it won't come off." I look up and see Emile's mother with a tray "I thought you would be hungry so I brought you some porridge."

She walks toward me and then sits on my bed. I draw my feet toward myself and just stare at the bracelet.

"It has a unique technology. The de-link bracelet I mean." She speaks up "It only reacts to the finger prints of the person that put it on you. No other person can open it even yourself and if you keep trying to open it, it will end up hurting you." At that I stop and look at her then at the bowl of porridge. "I remember you said you were hungry so I brought it for you." She pushes the tray toward me.

"Are you sure that your son won't have a problem with you giving me food or something?" I say before cautiously taking the bowl of porridge out of the tray.

"Lorena, my son isn't an evil man." She says in a solemn voice.

"Of course not! He's just heartless." I say taking a spoon full of the porridge. I usually hate porridge but I'm so hungry that I don't care.

"He's hurt. After his father's, my husband's death" she casts her eyes down "he's filled with anger and hatred."

"But what does my father have to even do with that, that your son has to kidnap him?"

"Alot." She simply says.

"Like?"

"It's not in my place to tell you that. Anyway Lorena, I hate your father, yes but you aren't responsible for your father's mistakes. I accept you as my son's mate. You seem like a good soul." She gets up "Lorena, you can trust me, yes you can. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

"Please help me to leave then. Please."

"That, I can't do. It's Emiliano's decision. You are his mate. So I won't involve myself in that. Also, don't ask me anything relating to your father because I won't help you with that."

I look down and don't say anything.

"I really wish I could help you Lorena I do but I can't help you in the way you want me to. I'll leave you now."

She leaves and closes the door. I need to find a way to escape. I just do.

After I am done with the porridge, Rionna comes in and takes the plate and tray then leaves. When she comes back, she comes with alot of dresses that she says Emile asked her to give me. How irritating! I take a look at the black clothes and I decide with heart and soul that I am escaping from this place.

"No Rena, we are not leaving our mate!" Scarletta says.

"Oh Scarletta put a sock in it!" I tell her then cut off our connection.

I hate our mate and he hates me too. That's all that matters to me. Besides the quicker I leave, the quicker I get to explain things to Logan. Oh Logan! He must be really upset over what I did. I left him at the altar. I hope he forgives me.