Chapter Twelve

Hey Everyone, take a look at the new cover. I'm so glad. I want to thank monochromemonotone for making this absolutely AMAZING cover for me!

~~~~~

I look away from the weird woman and towards the crowd. All of them are just staring at us and then Hayden comes towards us and he grins at us.

"Well I guess you are officially the Luna now Luna Lorena." Hayden smiles at me "My sincere congratulations."

"Not officially." Emile says from beside me and I look at him. He looks at me and I see the glare in his eyes turning sinister. He's going to make me do something I won't like. I just know it.

"What do you mean?" Hayden asks Max with an equally confused expression.

"Your dear Luna here still has one more thing on her agenda before things become official." He lingers on 'official' with a husky tone, my heart being forced to beat radically at his tone of voice "So to speak anyway."

Emile yanks my hand and I don't even realise when he drags me to the table we were previously at. The documents are spread in front of me on the table.

Emile lets go of my hand and rest his eyes on mine.

"I won't sign a thing!" I say through gritted teeth as I narrow my eyes at him. I won't marry him. I can't marry him. Okay, I know we are already married considering the ritual but I won't make things legal. I can't.

He darts his eyes away from mine and grabs the pen from the table and he stretches his hand out to me as he laughs maliciously.

"I think I'll test this mate marriage bond rubbish now." He raises his eyebrows at me before smirking and leaning into my ear and his scent fills my nose, causing my body to feel like its been hit by a heatwave "You know, to see if what they say about the flaw of having one of the mates unmarked is true."

He moves away from my ear and I regain my composure. I can think straight now. His face returns to the mischievous look when he says in a demuring tone "Lorena, sign."

"No, I...." I am not even able to complete that sentence when I feel my right hand moving towards the pen "wait, what?" I say confused as I watch my hand take the pen out of Emile's hands on their own volition.

My hands seem to have developed a mind of their own. I feel my own hand straighten the paper in place for me to sign and I can see Emile's wicked grin from the side.

"Wait why can't I stop my hands?" I ask the dumbest question ever as Emile points to where I should sign.

I watch my hand write 'L' then I battle for control as it writes 'O', 'R' and 'E' simultaneously. My hands are literally not mine any more. The full extent of this dawns on me as I complete the 'N' and 'A'.

I always thought I could at least delay the obedience, you know like the way Ella used to do in my favourite childhood novel; Ella Enchanted but that's not the case.

I begin on the 'S' when I hear Emile growl from beside me.

"Would you hurry it up!" He barks.

And well with that my hands move so incredibly fast that I spell out 'TONE' and complete the signing of my name: Lorena Stone.

I let the pen drop to the table and look back at Emile with so much spite that I know it takes everything in me not to punch him in the eye. He just gives me a condescending look as if he's daring me to try anything. For once, I just decide to back off.

"Good to know it worked!" He gleams victoriously as he hands the document I just signed over to the fat man from earlier.

"Congratulations Maxwell." The man says with a large grin on, exposing a missing front tooth and shakes Emile's hand "You are officially a married man."