Chapter Thirty-Seven

This update almost didn't come today because I actually forgot I had an update! I thought it was tomorrow until I got a reminder from my calendar so you're welcome. Funny enough, this chapter was actually written a day earlier so that's another good thing.

Anyway, forget my blabbering and just enjoy...

The man dismisses at the same time my face falls. My enthusiasm and anticipation only moments prior now dissipating into thin air.

I feel slightly crushed that it isn't my mate. It isn't Max.

Logan looks back at me, his back straightening as he rolls his eyes.

"I'll go and see what that prick Enzo wants." Logan scoffs and from his irritated tone, I can tell that he doesn't like Alpha Enzo.

Well, if Logan doesn't like Alpha Enzo then that is the exact reason why I should like him!

Alpha Enzo.

I hit my head trying to recall his pack. My pack knowledge is very, very small and oh so limited. I know that there are several other packs other than Max's, Logan's and mine but I don't know how many they are or their names or even their Alphas. I think   there are about fourteen or so though. Not very sure.

I didn't even know anything about Max's pack other than its name - Keystone Pack - until I ended up there. I only know about my pack and Logan's and then some crappy thing about us being small sized packs and alot of other explanations I never really paid attention to.

I've heard of Alpha Enzo though. He's the Alpha my father used to talk about the most. From what I know about Alpha Enzo, he's extremely morally upright and his pack is somewhat prude, overly cultured and virtuous.

I know he's a good man. That's about it.

I facepalm, asking myself what I spent all my years in school doing when I can't even recall basic pack knowledge. I wish I had simply been more like Olivia and paid attention in school instead of skipping classes with her twin.

When I lift my face out of my hands, I realise that Logan is out of the room but what's better is that he left the door open.

I don't know if this is deliberate or not but I'll take the chance regardless.

I get off the bed and walk out the door, noting that surprisingly, no one is standing outside my door. I walk forward, considering escaping when I hear the noise downstairs and that's when I decide to look.

I clutch to the banister then stare down and that's when I see Logan shaking hands with someone I can confidently assume is Alpha Enzo. The handshake is rigid and too firm, an obvious power struggle. When they finally let go, Logan takes a step back and I can clearly see how Alpha Enzo looks like.

He's beyond dashing!

He is wearing a loose-fitting white shirt that covers from his neck down to his wrist and tucked into his black trouser, leaving very little of his glowing brown skin to be seen.

I guess it's true what they say about his pack members being prude then.

Despite the fact that his shirt is loose-fitting, you can still see the way the sleeves wrap around his large arms tightly. They must be very muscular. The thing that stands out the most though is his glorious hair.

His dark brown hair is very curly and full. It's curly nature giving the picture of beauty as it falls across his forehead in perfect ringlets.

I find myself wondering how it would feel to touch it.