Chapter Seventeen

This chapter is quite emotionally daunting people so ready your hankies please...

I have learnt alot of things in my nineteen years of life.

I've learnt that a smile can make your day.

I've learnt that the love shared between two people sometimes looks more beautiful from the outside that it actually is from within.

I've learnt that sometimes, we are responsible for our own unhappiness and problems. Sometimes, we simply cause them and complicate our lives in the process.

But one thing I have learnt that I have tried to ignore the most is that life has a way of screwing us over. And screwing us over so badly at that.

Life is a bitch and Karma well that is just her protective elder sister.

You mess with the balance of life, Life's perfect equation. You distort this even just a little bit and Karma will see to it that you crash and burn.

I realise this even more staring at Hayden who's staring at Olivia who's staring at Hayden. Life is definitely toying with them and destiny is their personal tormentor.

Olivia messed with Life's perfect equation when she decided to fall in Love with her twin's mate and now she was paying for it.

Or maybe, Rionna was the one that messed with the balance of Life when she went to another pack for her Art scholarship leaving Olivia to fall even more in love with my brother. So in love in fact that over Olivia's dead body would she let Leroy go when Rionna returned and found out Leroy was her mate.

Olivia always had this stupid belief that Rionna stole everything from her. It started when people would immediately talk to Rionna before Olivia because she was the more approachable one of the two. It aggravated further when their mother tended to side with Rionna alot.

Olivia was quiet and proper. She spoke when she was spoken to and preferred to take the observant stance. She looked before she judged, weighing her options gravely before she decided on anything.

Rionna was the exact opposite. She was impulsive and spontaneous. Fun, outgoing and energetic. She was simply easy to be around. That's why I gravitated towards her, that's why everyone did.

When we were younger, Rionna was always the one to drag me over to the playground while Olivia just sat down under a tree in that same playground and studied. Her back was always hunched over a book, her huge square shaped glasses threatening to fall off the bridge of her nose any second.

People made fun of Olivia. Some even bullied her into doing their schoolwork (Rionna was guilty of this). Olivia was simply the introverted dork that everybody found boring and absolutely no one wanted to be around, even Rionna, her very own twin.

Rionna always said her twin sucked the fun out of her life and so she avoided her while I just tagged along with Rionna, letting her make me her side kick.

Soon enough, Rionna wanted to play with the big boys. She liked sports and preferred playing soccer and baseball with the boys because she said it was more challenging that way. This really got on my brother's nerve.

Leroy wanted Rionna to get the hell off his pitch and they always had the biggest fights ever, almost getting physical on several occasions even. Rionna detested Leroy's 'Alpha-male' quality claiming he saw himself as superior and everyone else, inferior. While my brother just simply detested Rionna.

There was no single thing about her he liked. Nothing at all. One day, after getting into a huge fight with Rionna where she threw a baseball bat at his head and he almost retaliated, Olivia tended to his wounds. Since that day, the both of them became inseparable, bonding over God knows what.