Chapter Thirty-Five

Logan stops, his foot halting as his eyes find me, the blueness of them looking more sinister than I have ever seen before.

My mother turns and when she sees me, I can see a small smile form on her lips but it is immediately replaced with a worried look.

"Lorena." She breathes, her words exasperated and that's when I realise that everyone is actually staring at me. How nice.

"Take her away and everyone leave." Logan commands to the guys and others around him "I have to chat with my lovely guest here."

The men take my mother away and she screams. Despite her weakness, she fights for them to let her go while I stand here, biting back my tears.

I will not cry in front of him.

Logan takes calculated steps towards me and I notice how intimidating he is, even to me. He looks different now. His shoulders are broader, his muscles are more taut, his blonde hair is slightly longer and the icing on the cake is those blue eyes. They're even more icey and piercing than I remember.

Logan's an Alpha now. I can sense it. The Alpha aura simply radiates off of him. When I left him, he was just the Alpha's son but now, things are different. Either his father is dead or something because for some reason, Logan has assumed his position.

How joyful.

Logan stops right in front if me. His smirk is sickening and I know I am staring at him with daggers in my eyes.

"Lorena, what a pleasure."

I don't see it coming either but the minute those words leave his lips, so does my fist leave my side. I muster all the strength within me and punch into the side of his face so hard that his face jerks back forcefully.

Logan raises his hand to his face, his long blonde hair now overcoming his face due to the impact but the minute his finger touch the blood now flowing from his nose, he laughs.

The laugh is meant to mock me, make me feel ridiculed, useless and weak. I wish I can say that it doesn't succeed but unfortunately, it does.

"Still as feisty as ever aren't you?" Logan derides as he lifts his head, re-composing himself by standing straight once more, wiping the rest of the blood off on his now reddened nose and pushing his hair backwards. "I guess some things just never change."

I take a lofty step towards him, ready to fight this psychotic egomaniac but his next words still me.

"Now Lorena, I'm all for tolerating your first tantrum but don't think you will hit me again and I'll just stay quiet." He tells me, his tone more serious and deadly now as he reaches out and pulls me against him by grabbing my arm with brute force.

My dishevelled hair flails everywhere as he traps me against him and I clench my jaw and grit my teeth. With his cold fingers, he moves my hair out of my eyes and I feel repulsed. Simply repulsed.

"Remember that you still wear my scar on your lower back." He reminds me in his taunting tone, a warning so I know that he won't hesitate to hurt me again if I even try to hit him one more time.

"You're such a devil." I say through gritted teeth and I only get a hearty laugh from him in reply like as if my words are making him happy and then he pulls me closer into him, setting his lips against my ear.

"A devil you loved for two years." Logan whispers into my ear and every word he says hits me like a tonne of bricks, piercing into my skin vehemently and tainting my thoughts "You may be marked and mated now but that's only because a mate bond tells you to love that person. If the mate bond didn't exist, we both know that your heart would still be mine."