Chapter Fifteen

Firstly, I would like to thank  ghenovo for the amazing cover she made. I love her to pieces and back.... Well, Happy reading!!!

"I want to talk to my brother Max!" I growl the moment Max enters the room and he sighs obviously tired but I don't care "Seriously! I am done putting up with your asshole phase. Please stick a sock in it!"

I stand from the bed, annoyed. This game he's playing has gone on for way too long and I am obviously tired of it. Sick and tired of it.

"You know she-devil, after a long day, wives usually greet their husbands with uh I dunno pastries, dinner, a massage or even kind words but you, always the exception aren't you? Forever a nag." He walks away from me and sits on the bed then starts taking his shoes off, ignoring me in the process.

"Max, I am serious. Get this damn thing off my wrist, I want to mind link my brother!" I out stretch my wrist as I turn towards him. I need this de-link bracelet off.

"Do you ever and I mean EVER just shut up?" He snaps at me and his brown eyes dart to mine, obviously tired.

"No. Now get it off!" I let out a near scream, my voice determined.

"Whatever. Fine." He exhales and stands up "I seriously don't have any ounce of strength left in me to engage in your mindless squabble. Just do me a favor and leave me alone once that thing comes off though."

"Yeah sure, like I want to stare at your grumpy face anyway." I roll my eyes. He's so damn annoying!

He moves towards me and then literally yanks my arm so hard, I let out a small yelp.

"Are you trying to break my bones?!" I shout.

"Maybe." He says in an expressionless look. He looks at the de-link bracelet on my wrist and then puts his right thumb over a small area and I look up at him, his whole focus on the bracelet "There!" He looks up and once again, his eyes meet mine.

The de-link bracelet opens up immediately and I feel my hand go free. Emile takes it completely off.

"Satisfied?" He asks.

"Not in weeks."  I take my hand back and stare at it. The bracelet left its marking on my hand but it's good to have it off finally.

"You're welcome." He turns away from me and staggers off to the bed then lies on it, facing his back to me.

"Yeah sure. Thanks." I say hap-hazardly because all I care about now is mind linking my brother.  Logan's pack attacked them. I need to know if they are alright. I need to know if mom is okay and I need them to know that I am fine.

I try to establish the connection but each time I try, nothing happens. It's like I have forgotten how to mind link.

"What's going on Scar?" I ask my wolf "Why won't it work?"

"I don't know. It feels like the connection has been severed or something. I can't establish the connection. Sorry babe, I know you really want to talk to them but it's just simply not working." I feel her sigh within me and I let out a shout in anger.

"Woman what the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see I am trying to get some sleep?!" Emile barks at me.

"Max!" I shout back at him "What did you do?! Why isn't the mind link working? Why can't I talk to my brother?"

"Ahhh... Just leave me alone will you? You're worse than a two year old." He grabs a pillow. 

"Max answer me!" I literally grab the pillow and tear it away from him "Why can't I mind link my pack?"