Chapter Twenty-Seven

Third Person POV

"Why haven't you told your twin that Adelaide is our daughter yet?" Hayden huffs at Rionna who is carefully setting Adelaide down into the crib.

"Shush! You'll wake her!" Rionna scolds while she places a blanket over her daughter, looking back at Hayden annoyed "Also, stop calling her 'your twin'. She has a name. It's Olivia."

"When are you telling her Rionna?" Hayden questions again, a lack of patience settling within the rim of his grey pupils.

"Never." Rionna states, rolling her eyes and setting her hip again Adelaide's cot.

"She comes here all the time to take care of our daughter!" Hayden argues "A daughter she doesn't know is her mate's with her twin. Don't you think the right thing to do would be to tell her before she figures it out Rionna?!"

"What I think is the right thing to do would be for you to get close to your mate and stop avoiding her Hayden!" Rionna counters, setting her right hand on the cot "She thinks you view her as a whore or something."

"No I don't Rionna. Of course I don't." Hayden breathes out, his foot tapping against the ground "I admit, I was a little upset when I smelt two men on her but despite that, I ran out because she's your twin and I have a baby with you."

Rionna rolls her eyes.

"Look, Olivia is seriously bonding with the baby."

"I know that makes you so happy considering you wish our daughter dies." Hayden sneers.

"I never wanted her, you know this. The only reason she's alive today is because my pregnancy was high risk and terminating her while I was pregnant would have killed me." Rionna says, lips pinching together as she takes a lock of hair between her fingers "Taking care of this girl is a burden Hayden. Sorry to say but the night we spent together ruined my life and I didn't sign up for this life. So well, now that your mate is here and she loves Adelaide like her own, I'm glad. Her burden is off me."

"I've never met anyone as selfish as you Rionna, really!" Hayden scoffs, unsure what to say.

"I never said I was a saint Hayden. The only saintly thing I've ever done in my life is leaving my mate for my twin but that was an act of repentance."

"Even with that, I'm sure you also had some hidden motive." Hayden tells her "I still don't get why you won't just tell Olivia."

"Tell me what?" An unsuspecting Olivia enters the room, her red hair in a braid as she enters the room in jeans and a green long sleeved sweater that matches her eyes. Her skin almost completely covered.

Hayden's eyes refuse to leave her and Olivia does not avert her gaze as if to challenge him, her silence speaking more volumes than words.

"Tell me what Rionna?" Olivia's eyes snap from Hayden's, brushing him off instantly and causing guilt to well up in his heart as she looks over to her twin. Green eyes on green eyes.

"About Adelaide." Rionna answers, words drawling as she stares at her twin whose forehead is now creasing in worry.

"Is something wrong with her?" Olivia rushes to Adelaide's cot in panic, hands steadying her against it. She peers into the cot hoping nothing is wrong with the beautiful baby that has brought so much joy to her heart in such a short while. Joy she thought she would never be able to feel again.

"Oh no nothing like that." Rionna reassures, patting Olivia's back to look up at her "It's about Adelaide's mother. You know you've asked me about her before."

"Yes?"

"Well um the truth is she's gone."

"Gone?" Olivia questions.