Chapter Thirty-Three

Warning: This is a mature chapter and will have sexual/explicit content . If you have a dirty mind and probably - like me - need to cleanse your mind with holy water then this chapter is for you.

However, the mature content only comes in the second half of this chapter and so, you can read on until then because I will provide a warning right before the actual mature content begins.

So feel free to read on and also, for those uncomfortable with reading such material, you can skip. If anything major happens, I'll give a short preview at the beginning of the next chapter.

Now Enjoy...

Max's eyes are the first thing I see when I wake up. The soft brownness breathing life into me and wrapping around me like a blanket of comfort only to threaten me with it's wetness, doused in pain.

I sit up and move back, balancing my back against the bed head. His eyes never leave me, balancing out each livid movement I make with velvety smoothness and precision.

"What happened?" I question, raising my hand to rub my head and watching locks of my hair fall in front of my eyes.

Silver locks.

Oh no.

"I should be asking you that, don't you think?" In those words and suddenly bitter eyes, I feel something different, something broken. The hair on my skin stands up in abruptness, goosebumps shrouding every inch of me with the accompliment of a staggering pain straight in my heart.

I passed out. Max saw me. I told Max to get the necklace.

My hand flies to my neck to affirm if the necklace is there or not.

It is.

"What was the need to lie to me to much?" Max asks, his words bathed in sadness as he looks away from me and I can't stop myself from pushing myself forward to comfort him. I'm shocked stiff when I do.

No sparks.

Max looks up at me when I touch him and I shake my head relentlessly, unable to understand why I am not feeling anything.

"The mate bond is broken." He proffers and I see sadness glaze over his eyes.

I withdraw my hands slowly from his face and move it to my mouth, feeling my cold fingers tremble against my lips.

"Scarletta's dead?" I question through my shaking fingers, feeling my tears flow from my eyes, onto my cheeks at the revelation of all I have caused.

"It's complicated." He murmurs, looking directly into my eyes "You know, I did smell Matt on you. Just because I trusted you enough not to confront you didn't mean I was oblivious to my brother's scent all over my mate."

My lips begin trembling this time and the tears flow down more but the look he gives me is simply unreadable.

"Yes Lena." He nods "I know everything. How you kissed Matthew so he could tell you about your father, how he stole the necklace and how you've lied and now the mate bond is broken."

I dip my head down, unable to look at him as his last sentence jabs sharply at my heart, his words twisting around it and stabbing painfully into my heart by the syllable.

"I'm an Alpha though so I did smell my brother on you and I knew something was going on. I just wished I did push you instead of having the fate that you would come to me." He moves closer to me and then places his index finger beneath my chin to force my head up to look at him. When I do, I notice this his eyes are softer "Why did you feel like you couldn't come to me and tell me all that was going on? Why did you feel the need to hide all this from me?"