Chapter 8

"Miss. Gray, were you aware that you are pregnant?" The nurse asks as I feel Nathan's eyes on me.

"N... No." I reply as she sighs.

"You should have been able to realise but I guess not. Your 7 weeks pregnant. Is this your boyfriend?" She asks as I nod.

"Yeah." He replies.

"How long have you and her been together?"

"8 weeks." Nathan replies.

"When did you first have sex with her?" She asks clearly not impressed.

"The first week. Why?" Nathan says.

"How old are you?" The nurse then asks.

"Im 18, he's 20 in 2 weeks." I answer as she nods.

"And your relationship is going well?" She asks as I nod.

"Yes. May I a-" I get cut off by a knock on the door.

Then the police walk in.

"Mr. Sykes, we would like you to answer a few questions for us outside." The woman officer says as Nathan nods.

I take his hand.

"I'll be right back." He says as I nod and let go of his hand.

Nathans pov.

I walk out of he room and shut the door.

"How do you know Miss. Gray?"

"Well, I'm her boyfriend." I answer.

"She's 18, how old are you?"

"19 I'm 20 in 2 weeks." I reply as the officers nod.

"And what happened at the scene of the crime in her home?"

"Well, she told me at my house that David Crow was beating her and asked if she could move in with me. I agreed and we packed her things. Me and her mother put her bags in the car and when we went to her room we found him beating her." I explain everything to them.

"Thank you for your time." The woman says before her and her partner leave.