Chapter 28

Nathans pov.

Why is she letting him do this to her? I can't just stand here and do nothing. I need to help her. I start struggling before actually getting out of this guys grip and connecting my fist with his face multiple times before grabbing this Thomas guy and connection my fist with his face too.

"Don't touch my wife!" I scream at him before finishing him off as he lays there unconscious before I kneel beside Lilia.

"You should have just let him carry on my life would've been better if I died." Lilia croaks as I hold her hand in my hands and let the tears fall.

"Don't say that, Lils. Please don't say that. You have a perfect life now. You have me, a beautiful daughter, your mom, Gary, my mom, Jess, Phil and your friends. You don't ever say that again. If I didn't do anything just now then I would've never forgiven myself. I love you too much to ever let you go. Don't ever forget that, okay?" I say to her as she groans and nods her head slightly before I press my lips against hers.

"If you have any problems while I'm not here tell me straight away and I'll be there. You can count on me." Just then I start singing.

" If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea I'll sail the world to find you If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3 I'll be there And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 You'll be there 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

If you're tossin' and you're turnin' And you just can't fall asleep I'll sing a song beside you And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me Every day I will remind you

Oooh Find out what we're made of When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3 I'll be there And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 You'll be there 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah Ooooooh, oooohhh yeah, yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry I'll never let go, never say goodbye You know...

You can count on me like 1, 2, 3 I'll be there And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4, 3, 2 You'll be there 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah Ooooooh, oooohhh

You can count on me 'cause I can count on you."

I look down at her and notice that she's trying not to close her eyes.

"Lilia, baby, stay with me babe. Don't fall asleep. Don't fall asleep." I say before ringing the police and an ambulance.

-----------------

Lilia gets taken into hospital while I hold onto Serephina.

My mom comes and takes Phina to hers for me while the police question me. I tell them what happened but they don't seem to believe me.

Thomas and the other dude get taken into hospital while I try to protest.

"He beat my wife so I defended her because she was becoming weak." I say as the police officer raises his eyebrows.

"Mr. Sykes, you are under arrest for suspected physical abuse towards your wife. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you in court." I get handcuffs put on me before being escorted out of my own house and into the police car.