Chapter 21

"Lils, show me the worst scar." Nathan says as I nod.

I lift up my shirt and show him the faded scar on my hip.

"And this is from self harm?" He asks as I shake my head.

"Suicide attempt. I stabbed myself and dug the knife in really deep." I say as he looks at me shocked.

"Lilia, that is the stupidest thing I've heard anyone ever try." He says as I look at him, tears forming in my eyes.

I pull my top down and close my eyes. I let a few tears fall.

"You don't know what its like Nathan. You don't know how I felt." I say as he nods.

"Yes I do." He shows me the scars on his wrist and arm before rolling down his sleeve.

"Why do you think I never wear short sleeves and if I do I wear a jumper or jacket?" He says as I look into his eyes.

"We're the same." I say as he nods.

"Never tell me I don't know what its like because I've been there before. I know what its like, okay?" I nod as he hugs me and I hug him back.

"Chocolate?" I offer as he shakes his head and hugs me again.

--------------------------

~2 months later~

I'm laid on the sofa with Nathan and he has his hand resting on the baby bump as I hold his other hand.

I have this weird feeling that the baby is gonna be late. A few weeks late. I dunno why. Its just a feeling.

I sit up and ask Nathan if he wants a drink.

"Tea please." Is all he says.

I make it to the kitchen and fill the kettle up before putting it down. Before I can turn the kettle on I feel water running down my legs and a pain in my stomach.

"Nathan! I think my water just broke!" I shout to him as I clutch my stomach.

He comes running to me.

"No, it can't have. Its too early. Three months early." Nathan panics and takes me to the car before driving me to the hospital.

-------------------------

I wake up in the hospital bed with Nathan holding my hand asleep beside me. I look at the time and see its 1:30am so I decide to get some more sleep.

-------------------

When I wake up again its 10:30am and Nathan is awake still holding my hand.

"Hey." He smiles.

"Hey." I smile back as he entwines our fingers together.

"You did great in there." He says as I smile at him.

"Where's the baby?" I ask softly as he smiles.

"In the nursery. She's fine." He says.

"She?" I ask as he nods.

"We have a little girl." He replies as I nod and smile.

"Can we have the name you chose for a little girl? Serephina?" I ask as he nods and smiles.

"Serephina Sykes?" Nathan asks.

"Yeah, Serephina Sykes." I say as he smiles and kisses me.

I kiss him back as the doctor walks in.

"Goodmorning Miss. Gray. I hope you're well. We have your daughter in the nursery. Would you like to meet her?" The doctor asks as I nod.

The doctor gets me a wheelchair as I've just given birth 3 months early and they don't want to move Serephina.

Nathan pushes my wheelchair and the doctor leads me to the right baby. I look into where she's laid and smile.

"Do you have a name for her yet?" The doctor says as me and Nathan nod.

"Serephina." Nathan says as the doctor nods.

"That's a beautiful name." A random nurse says as I smile at her.

"Thank you." Nathan says as she smiles and goes to where she needs to go.

---------------------

I'm back in my hospital room and I hold nathans hand while I lay in the bed.

"Is she gonna be okay seeing as she was early?" I ask Nathan as he nods.

"She's gonna be fine Lils. I promise. She'll be at home with us once she's had all her check ups and stuff." Nathan reassures me.

"Okay. You better be telling the truth, Sykes." I warn.

"I promise you I am." He promises as I nod.

"Okay, I believe you." I reply as he kisses my hand before kissing me.

"I love you." I say as he smiles at me.

"I love you too." I reply as he kisses me again.