Chapter 27

"Hello, about that job offer. Do you still need a new model?" I say as the woman laughs a little.

"Hello, yes we do. Are you up for it?" She asks enthusiastically as I look back before letting out a breath I'd been holding in a while.

"Yes, I am willing to take the job." I say as I start shaking.

"Okay, thank you. We look forward to meeting you on your first day. You start next week on Tuesday. Is that okay?" She asks as I nod although she can't see me.

"Yes that is perfect, thank you bye." I say before hanging up and breathing out once again.

I definitely know what Nathan's gonna say about this and I definitely know what he's gonna do about this too.

I return home and hang my jacket up before sitting in the living room.

"I thought you weren't gonna come back." I hear Nathan's voice behind me.

"I thought you were gonna come after me, so I guess we both thought wrong because I clearly came back and you didn't bother trying to stop me from leaving." I say as he sighs and sits down beside me.

"I'm sorry, Lils." Nathan says before wrapping his arms round me.

"We are some really messed up people aren't we?" I say as Nathan looks at me confused.

"No, every relationship has its ups and downs. Not every relationship is perfect and I know I'm your doctor but there's girl and boys out there marrying their teachers. Believe me that's more messed up than marrying your doctor. I can tell you that now." He says making me giggle.

"Some teachers aren't that bad Nathan. Some of them can actually be quite hot." I say out loud not thinking about what I'm saying first.

"Thanks for confirming that for me." He replies as I turn to him and smile.

"Just not as hot as you." I add on as he turns to me and raises his eyebrows while I smile at him.

"It's true. You're officially the hottest most adorable person I know unless you're Serephina, then she is way more adorable, but she's a child so that doesn't count..." I trail off before Nathan presses his lips against mine as I wrap my arms round his neck and kiss him back.

"You have a weird way of explaining things Mrs. Sykes." He says to me as I giggle and wrap my arms round his neck more pulling him closer to me.

"I know I'm complicated but I'm adorable." I reply as he thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, I have to agree with that." He presses his lips against mine again before wrapping his arms round my waist pressing me against him.

We keep kissing for a while before he takes my hand and takes me upstairs to our bedroom...

----------------------

I lay beside Nathan cuddling into his chest before looking up at him.

"Every time we fall out we can't just have sex to make up for it." I say as Nathan laughs while looking down at me.

He places his lips on my forehead and keeps them there for a while as he rocks us a little.

"I go back to work tomorrow." Nathan says as I look up at him and frown.

"I start work on Tuesday." I say as Nathan looks at me confused.

"I accepted the modelling job." I say as Nathan sighs.

"Just be careful. I don't want some creepy weirdo hitting on you. You're mine and only mine." Not exactly the reaction I thought I would get but close enough.

"Nathan, don't worry. I'll be careful." I reassure him.

"Oh and I don't want you going on one of those weird model diets either. They're horrible."

"Nathan babe. I won't be going on any diet. I don't need to go on a diet anyway. Tried it once and it failed. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine, okay?" I say as he nods and hugs me as I cuddle into his chest.

Nathan places his lips on my forehead once again and just keeps them there for a while as I close my eyes and smile just enjoying the moment until there's a knock on the bedroom door.

"Mommy, there's a man downstairs." I hear serephina say through the door.

I quickly pull my clothes on like Nathan before we quickly sort out our hair and open the door.

I pick Serephina up and hold her close to me while following Nathan down the stairs.

I hold her closer to me before we look into the living room and I instantly recognise him.

"Nathan wait, that's Thomas. He's a really dangerous man. He wants me, not you or Phina me. He's my ex boyfriend. He's not the nicest of people. I just don't know how he found me. Stay here with Phina." I say as Nathan grabs my wrist before kissing me.

"Be careful." He says as I nod and rub my thumb against his cheek.

I walk into the living room and breath out.

"Thomas?" I question as he turns round and smiles a sickly smile at me.

"Nice house you have here Lilia. Beautiful house." He says as I swallow hard.

"This isn't just my house Thomas. This house belongs to me, Nathan and our daughter." I say as he laughs.

"Nathan? Nathan Sykes? Dr. Sykes?" He laughs as I nod.

"Yes we're married and have a two year old daughter." I say as Thomas glares daggers at me.

"You know why I'm here, don't you Lilia? You owe me, don't you?" Thomas says as I nod.

"Yes." Is all I manage to say.

"What do you owe me?" He asks knowing that nathan is listening.

"£200 and a free beating." I swallow hard as I know Nathan heard all of this.

"And I expect that money when?"

"Now otherwise I owe you £200 and 2 free beatings." I say before letting a few tears fall.

"Do you have my money Lilia?" I shake my head and he grabs my wrist as I hiss in pain.

"Freddie!" He calls as I see a guy walk in.

He goes out where Nathan is and then walks back in holding Nathan by his wrists as Serephina runs upstairs and I hear her bedroom door slam shut.

"I'm gonna love this Lilia. The love of your life watching you get beaten. Twice. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want this to happen would you?" He asks me as I shake my head.

"No, Thomas, please don't do this. I can get your money to you by next weekend. I would've been paid by then." I beg as he squeezes my wrist tighter as I let the tears fall.

"Not good enough, Lils." He says as I close my eyes and take the pain in my wrist.

"Lilia, you're stronger than this. You can fight him off. I know you can." I hear Nathan say just before his voice is muffled.

I open my eyes and look at Thomas before looking at Nathan.

"Nathan, I'm sorry. Thomas, just do whatever you need to do to me then leave. You'll get your money. Just please hurry up and do what you need to do." I say before the beatings start...