Chapter 17

I knock on my moms door and a guy I don't recognise answers the door.

"Mom!" I shout and she comes to the door before smiling at me.

"Lilia." She says and hugs me.

"Where's Nathan?" I shrug.

"At home. He's ignoring me because I was nervous while meeting his family." I say.

"He doesn't know you're awkward around new people. You remember your dad, right?" She says as I smile at him.

"Hi, I gotta go, bye." I leave and start walking to Nathans house.

I get halfway home and it starts thundering before raining. The rain comes down hard, so I just sit on the path and cry as Nathan won't want me at home and I don't want to be at Mom's so where will I go?

I just stay sat on the floor soaking wet and crying until I hear a car stop beside me. I stop crying and just sit there.

I hear footsteps running before I feel arms wrapped round me.

"Lilia you idiot. You'll get Ill." I hear Nathans soft voice as he picks me up onto my feet and hugs me.

"You hate me." Is all I say as he hugs me tighter.

"What? I don't hate you." He says as I wrap my arms round his neck and hug him back.

"You weren't talking to me." I say as he hugs me harder.

He presses his lips onto mine multiple times as well as all over my face and my head while hugging me and kissing me more.

"I was pissed with myself for being pissed at you when you're awkward around new people. Your mother told me and now I'm more pissed with myself for leaving you alone. Do you suffer with anything like anxiety or anything?" I shake my head.

"No, I'm just awkward." I say as he hugs me again before kissing me loads more times.

"I care about you too much to hate you ever. I could never, ever hate you. I care and love you too much. Don't you ever think I hate you. Ever. Okay?" He says as I nod.

"I'm sorry." I say as he nods and presses his lips onto mine and takes my hands entwining our fingers together.

We get in the car soaking wet before arriving home. We get in before showering and changing.

I put my onesie on and get in bed beside Nathan.

He shuffles closer to me before pulling me into his chest with his arm round me before pulling the covers up so we're warmer. He rests his hand on my stomach and kisses me softly.

"I love you Mommy." He says as I giggle a little before cuddling into his chest.

I rest my hand on top of his.

"I love you too Daddy. Happy birthday." I say before he kisses my forehead and we fall into a deep peaceful sleep.