twenty-four.

" Stuck in this complicated world without an exit. "

[ SPECIAL CHAPTER: VNNIE ]

-

Jennie

I told Jisoo unnie that I'll be reading my unfinished book, just to let her and Jin oppa have a private moment to themselves.

I walked to the infirmity, where Taehyung is. He is still unconscious and as still as a rock. I sat down next to him, looking at his perfectly shaped face.

"When are you gonna wake up?" I said softly to him as I style his messy hair for him, I smiled to myself, remembering that I used to do this for him years ago.

As I look at him, a sudden wave of sadness hit me and so did our past.

F L A S H B A C K:

I'll never forget the first time we met.

"Hello! I am Kim Taehyung!"

"Oh h-hi, I am Jennie Kim!"

And the time where he saved me from the queenka Lee Hyemin.

"Stupid b1tch! Who do you think you are? Hanging out with Taehyung oppa. Listen carefully slu+! Taehyung oppa is mine!" Hyemin said as she slapped my left cheek.

Hyemin continued to attack me, I was so defenseless back then. I fell to the ground, and cough up blood. Just when I thought I'm done for, he came.

"Yah! Get off her Lee Hyemin!"

My knight in shining armour.

"Oppa!" I could hear Hyemin pouting as I was on the ground.

"Shut up! Get lost before I kill you for touching Jennie!" Taehyung shouted as I heard Hyemin's footsteps running away.

Taehyung picked me up from the ground and carried me to the nearest hospital, he stayed with me until I recovered, which was 3 weeks.

In these 3 weeks, I fell for him. Hard. I didn't realise it until I asked Jisoo about it.

I guess whoever wrote this quote it right. Sometimes, we fall in love at the most unexpected moment with the most unexpected person.

F L A S H B A C K 2:

"Taehyunggie, what will you do if I were to leave you one day?" I ask the guy beside me. It's around 2a.m., and we're sitting on my house's rooftop.

"I'll be very very sad, but that wouldn't happen right?" Taehyung said as he lean his head on my right shoulder, I look at him and smiled.

"Of course not."

"Promise?" Taehyung said as he took out his little pinky.

"Promise." I locked our pinkies together and giggled.

F L A S H B A C K 3:

"Aigo, Jendukie is so clumsy." Taehyung said to me as he help me apply ointment to my wound, which I have gotten from falling down the bicycle.

"All done. Be careful next time arraseo? I don't want my Jendukie getting hurt again." Taehyung smiled his signature rectangle smile at me, his words making me blush.

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

The tears fell down one after another. I tried to wipe it off with my hands but it just wouldn't stop. I miss you Taehyung. I miss us.

"Why are you crying Jennie-ah?" A weak voice called out, I look at Taehyung as he attempts to give me a cheerful smile.

"Bogo shipda, Taehyung." I whispered to him and smiled back. He seemed taken aback from what I've just said.

"Nado."

There was a comfortable silence between us before Taehyung sat up in his bed and broke it.

"Jennie-ah. I've been wanting to tell you this for a very very long time." He breathed in slightly before continuing.

"I'm sorry, I'm really very sorry for what I've done in the past. But you don't know the whole story behind it, Jaemin was the one who forced herself onto me.

She kissed me when you walked into the classroom. I didn't kiss her back, Jendukie. I really didn't. Then she messaged you some stupid thing about me cheating on you with her for months.

All those are not true Jen, I'm telling you this now because when I saw you fall down the buliding, my whole world came crashing down. I felt like I lost my will to live.

But then I met BTS, they kept me going, they gave me a reason why I should continue living. My feelings for you over the years has not change, it's still the same.

I love you Jennie Kim, I do then and I still do now. Please give me another chance to be with you, and to make you happy. Be mine again, wouldn't you?" He finished with his rectangle smile.

More tears came flowing out of my eyes as I hugged him tightly.

"I will. I-I love you." I sniffled into his neck.

"I love you too Jennie-ah."

I'm sorry that I'll end up hurting you all over again soon, Taehyung.

-

a/n: pancakes are a blessing.