Part 6

The next week saw a busy household in Lakshminagar. With their dearest Babuji and amma coming over from Lucknow, the girls new no bounds. There was an abundance of love and laughter. Buaji's titaliya had got new life as she was often heard sighing , "hai re Nandkishore, is sanka devi ka pank aur bhi bad gayi ho apne baabuji ko dekhke. (Hai re NK, this silly girls wings have grown since her babuji has come) The two friends Kedar ji and Shashi ji met after some barsos and tried to catch up in one go!!. Both buaji and ammaji couldn't get enough time to catch up with all the gossip around Lakshminagar and Lucknow...

 Now with the expert sweet maker at home, khushi did not have to worry about Kedarjis orders, as baabuji would manage with help from the ever ready ladies of the house. Now the sisters got busy in doing all the outside work. They made sure Baabuji had plenty of rest and did only the necessary work. After facing all the financial problems and witnessing a dwindling business back in Lucknow, he was only too glad, and just blended into the setup without any fuss. He knew when they were together, no trouble could come to them. The family's trust in Devi maiyya was apaar.

With the mention of trouble, on the other side of the city, it was no less busy at the Raizada mansion. The snake Shyam too learnt about the new changes taking place at AR and at home too. What with Anjali having decided to work on the project,.. that too with Khushiji!!! However, Raizadas were surprised with his comment, "aap us middle class ladkiyon ke saat kaise kaam kar sakte hai Rani sahiba?(How can u work with those middle class girls) which was soon sided by ASR for his own good reasons though!!

 That was no valid reason to back off and Anjalis one shocked look was enough to shut both the men, "Hum zyada se zyada kaam ghar mein hi karna seekhenge,(I will learn to work from home)" and to irk them further added, "aur hamme shayad khushiji aur payal ko bhi yahin bulana chahiye!! (May be I should call them here as well!!)

Oh oh, oh... now, this DID NOT go well with the likes of ASR, Shyam, and not the least Maamiji,... "Di, aap kisiko bhi ghar mein nahi laa sakte hai, Office mein mujhe unko sehna hai, kya ye kam nahin?? Aapko kaam karne ki kya zaroorat has? Di aap bahut ziddi hai. (di, u cant bring anyone to house like that. I need to bear her in office, isn't that enough? why do u have to work, u r too stubborn)

Soon snake caught up "Haan rani sahiba, aapko kaam karne ki kya zaroorat hai,(yes rs, y do u need to work) all the time looking at The ASR bank without a blink.

Nani who was quite till now said, "Chote humne khushi ji ko dekha hai, bahut susheel hai. Agar woh Anjali bitiya ke liye yahan aaye, hume koi shikayat nahi.(chote, I have seen khushi and respect her, if she has to come for anjali, I have no problem at all) Then pausing to give a thought, she added, "waise damaad ji, agar Anjali bitiya kush hai kaam karne se tho acha hai, humme apni beti ko support karna chahiye, aur woh jab chahe chod sakti hai agar usse manage karna mushkil ho toh,(and damadji, if anjali wishes to work, we need to support her, if she cant manage, she can always leave) and obviously the damaad ji was made to shut his mouth.

 Anjali fed up with her brothers behaviour, "Chote aakhir kya kiya hai Khushi ji ne? Kyon aise chidakte ho unse?? (Chote, what has khushi done to u? Why do u get irked by her?) 

Akash only too glad with Anjalis idea said, "Bhai hum guest room ko di ka office bana sakte hai. Aur agar Di office nahi jaa sakti hai tho us din khushi ji aur payal ji yahan aake kaam kar sakte hai,(Bro we can convert the guestroom to dis office for now. when she cant go to office, khushi n payal can come over here) only to be given a warning look from ASR..

Fed up with all the arguments, "Di Aap jo chahe keejiye, mein oopar jaa raha hoon,..(do whatever u want, i'm off to my room)"

Ab mein kya karoon, kitna acha tha, khushiji raizada parivar se door thi, mera kaam kitna aasaan chal raha tha,. Ab kuch na kuch tho karna padega,... " (What do I do now, everything was fine, no contact with raizada family, need to think of something) with this thought in mind, shyam slyly slid away towards the other side of city, "Rani sahiba, humme client visit ke liye thode din bahar jaana hai

(RS, I need to go out for a few days on a client visit)

"Arre ye kya, aaye hue sirf kuch hi din huye aur phir se dissapears hamara damaad ji. Laagat hai Anjali bitiya doings good. Unka minds bhi busy ho jaaye ka padi (Its only been few days he has come, already dissapearing. Good anjali is taking up work, even her mind needs to be busy)and maami strode off on her imaginary ramp.

In the solitary confines of his room, Arnav did wonder, "Why does she get under my skin so much, pehle tho kabhi aisa nahi hua? Kyon maa... but soon, getting his ASR mind to play, "Is ladki ki wajah se humare ghar mein arguments!! Aur tho aur, woh ladki Di ke saat kaam karegi And I dont trust her, isiliye!! (Arguments in our house just because of this girl, n di needs to work as well )and remembering all the times he tried to talk to her "uski itni himmat, she is the only one who did not care to listen to me, how many times I tried... well guess what, ab woh kahan jaa sakti hai mujse!! ((Now where can she hide from me..)