Part 22

All his well practiced apologies were a distant memory and he was annoyed at her!! Well how dare she ignore me!!! She has been avoiding me deliberately!! How dare she!

He was seething in anger when he entered RM, Bang... He banged into none other than our darling Khushi, Devi Maiyya had finally decided, it was enough of hide and seek!! Khushi caught hold of his collar for balance Arnav held her waist to stop the fall.

Their gazes held, both couldn't get their eyes of each other. How she had missed those caramel eyes and he her doe eyes. All their anger forgotten, both whispered, "Khushi, "Arnav ji. Arnav felt his nerves soothing when he heard her "Arnav ji for the first time. Strange calmness filled them. 

They didn't move. They couldn't move. The whole world around them went blur.

They didn't hear Anjali's chatter in the Kitchen with Payal. They didn't notice Nani hushing away Lakshmi to her room, silently thanking her Devi maiyya. 

She finally had enough signs, so she thought.

After what seemed like eons, Khushi stirred hearing the loud clatter of dishes from the kitchen. Anjali being distracted had dropped the plate absent minded. Annoyed by the disturbance, Arnav looked around. Still holding Khushi, looking into her eyes, he simply asked, "Can you bring me a hot cup of coffee,... ". After a pause , making his voice even more huskier, "please khushi. Khushi was already tongue tied and immobile by his presence and closeness. Now she melted hearing his husky voice and all she did was blink. And she simply blinked again agreeing,..

Payal was not surprised at all seeing Anjali so out of life, after what she had witnessed. As planned, Akash left Anjali and Payal in the car and went to meet Mr.Roy, before they all could go to RM. As usual, Shyam had come out at lunch time and Anjali was shocked to see him.

Wanting to surprise him, she tried to get down and meet him, but Payal asked her to call him instead. Anjali excitedly called only to get another blow when she heard him "Ji Rani Sahiba, I am very good, will be out of Delhi few more days, been caught up in a serious case,. Payal saw the expressions change on Anjalis face. Seeing Anjalis shocked expression, Payal asked, "Anjali ji, all ok, Anjali nodded trying to hold her tears. she leaned behind on her seat and closed her eyes... "What is happening, why is he lying? was all Anjali could think of.

When Akash came back, Anjali was still in deep thought. Akash and Payal both gave each other an understanding look and proceeded to RM where Khushi was already there. Making an excuse, Anjali quickly ran to her room to analyse and collect herself.

"Payal ji, Is she ok? when Payal nodded, he asked further, "By the way, why did you not want me to talk to Bhai first? Why?

Payal replied calmly, "Akash ji, seeing you three brothers and sister, only you can think calmly in such a drastic situation, but ASR can be quite impulsive in his actions and it can make situations worse. We have had first hand experience in this regard. He might take immediate actions which Anjali ji may not like it or may not believe in him. Like you know when it comes to Shyam, she has unconditional devotion towards him, which is nearing insanity. That's why I wanted Anjali ji to know first. She is much better than ASR, she has been a mother to him, so she has enough patience just like you.

When Akash did not reply, she continued "sorry if you think I am not right. Akash nodded and silently said No Payal ji you are right. I will now speak to Bhai, I need to know what has happened between your family and bhai. And Thanks Payal ji for helping me in this issue. We should soon talk to your Babuji as well..

Back in Lakshmi Nagar, Buaji was having a fit. "Aye Garima, listen to this, instead of taking up this good rishta (alliance), he wants to keep a kunwari (unmarried girl) for few more years. Tell me what is wrong with Shyam babua?, Garima looked on helplessly at her husband.

"Jiji, it is final now, I don't want to talk about Khushis wedding before Payal, and Khushi also will not agree. We cannot have him as PG with two young unmarried girls at home. When Payal gets settled, we will think of Khushi Shashi told his sister with an air of command and all she could say was "Your love has only spoilt your daughters!! Kedar had watched the entire drama and now sitting with a cup of ginger tea, he asked, "Why dont you tell her the truth.

"Kedar, if my jiji comes to know the truth, then god save Shyam. She would directly confront Shyam, and knowing Shyam, who knows, he may turn out to be very dangerous and with two unmarried daughters in the house with an old dad, it is not wise to invite unnecessary trouble

Kedar sighed "A lot goes into making of a good father!!!

Standing outside his room with a hot cuppa, Khushi had long come to her senses. She wondered how her plans failed, when he was supposed to be in AR at a meeting. Remembering her reasons for playing around, she decided on her next plan. Well it was quite simple she thought. "Its very easy Khushi, all you have to do is keep the coffee on the table and run out, remember run out!!

She knocked. When she did not hear anything, and seeing the door wide open, she entered on her tip toes. Very quietly, she kept the coffee and was about to run out, when she stopped hearing, "How long are you going to keep running away from me Khushi?

"Hey Devi Maiyya you have changed your side, I will not talk to you, thought Khushi and turned around,..

How was it, please can all silent readers comment!!