Part 27

Akash was too eager to meet Payal. For one, he wanted to see her, and two, there was so much to tell her. After his phone call she had left home and reached the office early only to be greeted by none other than ASR and not Akash. Remembering all the talk they had last evening when he saw Payal, he called her to his cabin. Not having a clue that ASR knew all about it, she was surprised, but all the same, had to follow his order.

The unlucky Payal was soon sweating when ASR gave her a stern look and asked "So what has been happening behind my back. What's going on? Is there any other thing that I need to know? I can really be bad if any of my family is concerned and if I find that there has been something from your end left me know, otherwise you know very well,...."

Payal's face went pale with fear. What was he talking about? She silently prayed, "Devi Maiyya please help me"

When she did not reply and gave him a blank look, ASR said in a loud voice, "I am talking about Shyam Manohar Jha, whom you people have been giving shelter from the past few months!!" this was a shocker to Payal who was already trembling with fear. 

Thankfully, she did not have to face him longer, she was rescued when Akash, who got delayed in the traffic, barged into his cabin and said, "Bhai, please I have told you before!!" Then looking apologetically at Payal, "Payal ji, Di and Bhai know all about Shyam now."

"Akash, all I want to know is how did they miss. They have been to RM so many times, I just realised Di has this huge photo in her room? Have they never seen it?"

Payal immediately replied, "Sir, we come there to do our work and that too when Anjali ji is not able to come to office. Why should we go her room? Until today, I have never been in her room, or for that matter anybody else's, it has always been your study or the guest room where she normally does her work."

"What about Khushi, she is always walking around everywhere. Half the time she does not know where she is or what is happening around her." questioned Arnav to which Payal gave her reply immediately,

 "Sir again, why would Khushi go to Anjali's room? And moreover if she had seen the photo, why would she have kept quiet. She probably would have gone to Anjali ji straight away and told her, or probably she would have told the whole house that he looks just like the PG we have in our house."

Akash was happy to see the fierce side of Payal for the first time, defending her sister, thought Arnav had had his own experience with regards to Payal and did not push the matter further. Ignoring his brother, Akash told, "Payal ji please come to my cabin". 

After reading the investigation report, Arnav knew that Shyam was a first grade slime and that the Guptas were cheated just like they were. However, the thought was lurking behind his mind, what if they were all involved in this?

On the way, Akash and Payal met Anjali. Anjali was adamant to go to office even though both brothers told her to stay at home. Payal and Anjali exchanged an understanding look when Anjali called her for a hug. Though hesitant, Anjali pulled her and Payal hugged her tight which spoke volumes. She felt for Anjali, just like as a sister would.

Akash offered a glass of water and of course plenty of apologies on behalf of his brother. Only after making sure she was calm did he allow himself to relax!! Akash finally spoke , " Payal ji, now that Di and Bhai know everything, it is wise to involve you Babuji and sort out the matter. It is not safe to have Shyam nearby, with the sort of links he has. If you don't mind let us meet him today itself and find out what he knows and we can tell from our end as well". Payal agreed without any fuss and was seen calling her babuji to arrange a meeting.