Part 35

Miserable yes, definitely yes. How could she allow a middle class girl to be her daughter in law. Could she face her friends? How could she? Manorama had got the roof down when Akash had put forward his proposal to take to his Payal. Akash wanted to convince her at any cost.

"Ma You have to understand. She has not been trying to trap me, but it is me who is behind her." He was moved thinking of his conversation with Payal and showing a gloomy face he continued, "Yesterday when she rejected me, I could not take it ma, I tried to think over what she said and put my mind at work. But I don't think it is possible"

Manorama could not be persuaded so easily. "Akash bitwa, these girls know how to trap you innocent boys. They know you will go behind them even if they reject. Don't believe them."

Nani sat listening to her younger grandson fighting for his lady love. She would talk when she had to, but she wanted him to fight for what he wanted. Akash continued, "Ma I told you, ever since we have met them, never once she has made any advances. I have always tried to tell her so many times, and still she rejected. Even now she has not accepted and will only do it if her Babuji says so."

Mami was now angry and told crossly, "See all childrens are listening to their parents, why is my only sons not listening then? And how dare she reject my son? She will have a luxurious life, why will she reject, it is only a drama"

Akash replied, "Ma, I too will listen to you, that's why I am asking you. I want this to happen with your blessings. And no ma, it is no drama. You have seen Payal, seen her family, if it was anybody else, they would have definitely taken advantage of their friendship with the Raizadas, but not them. In fact they avoid coming over here, and now they are trying to fix her marriage and I will not be able to bear it ma, please", saying so Akash walked away with a sad face, ignoring his mum "Listen Akash bitwa...."

Seeing her husband sitting calmly made her even more angry. Scolding her hubby, Mami wailed, "All your pampering has made him no good, see how he is talking. Why can't u tell him.."

Nani now spoke, "Manorama, those girls are gems. Even if I went looking, I will never be able to find girls like that for my grandchildren. Their respect towards their family, their traditional values, is what I have liked." Addressing her son, "Mano, I never had any problems with the social class, because if I had, we would not have been where we are today." Nani said looking at Mami. Though she did not want to hurt Mami, she had to show her that her arguments were baseless.

Nani continued, "I am happy Akash has liked Payal, I have no problems. By the way Khushi bitiya is no less. I would not have had any problems with her too", she said looking at Arnav who gave her a "What the, " look..

"Hope Shashi babu finds her a good boy as well" she chided!!

Now he could not keep quiet. "Nani, she has to wait till Payal is married.. why hurry,.."

"Chote, for Parents with girls, it does not matter. I have seen many younger daughters getting married before their older sisters. By the way, why should you care, I hope she will find her true love soon" Nani justified,.. she knew her grandson had to realise his love for Khushi, but if she did not push, then he would never realise!!