Part 14

ASR could not concentrate on his work. He was pacing in his cabin like a caged Lion. He was angry at himself. How could this chit of a girl bother him so much? Why should it matter to him if she was alright or not? It was nearing lunch time and he does not know what is happening? He has not seen Khushi since morning!! To top it, even Akash is not in. What should he do now?

Having no control over his actions, he walked over to his Dis conference room, only to be greeted by a sight he would never forget. He was mesmerised to see Khushi who turned around to see who was at the door, her hair falling like a cascade from the loose bun she had tied. She was sitting on the floor like a fairy with all different coloured materials of thread, sequences and glitter around her!!

Khushi stood up, held her heart to stop it from beating so loud lest he hear it. Still in a trance, ASR slowly walked over to her, like a moth attracted towards fire. Feeling his heated gaze Khushi stood still and her hands automatically started to fidget her dupatta. She slowly, very carefully moved back, until she hit her desk and stopped with a jerk. Their face was now inches away from each other, and the smell of jasmine from her hair hypnotised him. Time stood still, their breaths suspended. Both looked at each other tongue tied for what seemed ages. He did not like the gentle breeze pushing locks of hair on her face, obstructing his view. His hands rose on their on accord and her eyes closed in acceptance.

He stilled while she snapped her eyes wide open when they both heard Anjalis laughter just outside the door. He moved away in one swift motion, both feeling awkward at what just happened. Anjali and Payal opened the door to be greeted by an angry ASR and a timid Khushi. Angry at having lost his senses, he shouted "I have been trying the phone from such a long time, why isn't anyone picking?"

"Chote we have been out for getting materials, only Khushi ji was here. And Khushi ji how is your headache now??", replied Anjali calmly eyeing at Arnav.

Not happy with his Di dismissing him in his own office, he looked at khushi "Bring the Mehta file to my cabin NOW..". Anjali sighed at his arrogance, Khushi hurried to find the file, and ran to his cabin cursing Payal for forcing her to leave the hair open because she believed, tying the hair increases the headache.

As soon as his cabin door closed behind her he fired, "Why did u come to office today?"

"Ji....?" khushi questioned.. "why did u have to come if u were not well" he shouted. Soon realising he was showing concern he changed, "as it is you are half the time chatting around and not much work happens, "

Not knowing how to answer Khushi stared at him, remained silent. Angered at her silence, angered at his own emotions running astray around her, he shouted, "get out of my sight, dont show me your face again". Not to elevate the matter, khushi got up. Again, confused at not wanting to let her go out of sight, "I have not yet finished yet khushi kumari Gupta". when Lavanya barged in without knocking. She could sense the dense air and gave khushi a disapproving look. Looking at ASR, smiling, "Asr lunch date pe chale (shall we go on a lunch date?)"

Staring into Khushis eye as if to say, you don't have a class , he said, "sure why not, Lavanya ".

"wow asr I cant believe u agreed... see you in 5 min at the car park, I'll just give a touch up n come." Saying loudly, she ran out.

Composing herself by now, "Sir Are you done now? Here is the file, Anything else?", Khushi waited.

"Take it back and make sure you file it properly" he ordered.

Khushi came out confused!!, "If I had to take it back and file, what was the point in bringing it here"

"Ajeeb hai yeh! (He is strange!)" she got back to her work.

Here in his cabin, ASR felt "ooh whats happening, why am I so confused.. why can't I think straight,.. oh great, now I have signed up for a lunch date as well.. "

Anjali, Karan sat getting up to date with the family matters after their project meeting with ASR in his cabin. As it is, Karan's frequent visits to AR and his Di's full support for Karan was not going well with ASR . He boiled every time Karan came over. Getting irritated with all the gossip they were discussing he was going to dismiss them when he heard Karan "Di, please can you arrange a date for me with Khushi, anything will do, coffee date, lunch date, dinner date,.please anything anything please. I have been trying from so many days but she does not even look at me properly!!" Karan made a puppy face at Anjali.

ASR gave a murderous look to Karan,.. Anjali raised her eyebrows "Karan, isiliye aap AR aa rahe hai kya (Karan is that why you are coming to AR)", Karan gave a sheepish grin. "Woh aisi ladki nahi hai Karan, Aaj hi pata chala unki shadi tair ho rahi hai ghar mein (She is not such a girl Karan, I came to know today her wedding is getting fixed by her parents!!)"

"What.. " shouted Karan and "What the... Di how can it be? Why? And how do you know all this" Arnav fired all his questions. Anjali said "Chote, if you don't want to get married, does not mean others are not interested? And Why not, she 22, obviously parents will be concerned. Well Payal told me all about their paying guest how he is interested,... its quite filmi you know, how he saved her from goondey in Lucknow, how he met them again in Delhi.." Anjali got up to end the conversation, but

Karan came forward to pull her back to the seat, "Yes di, who is this.,.. has it been finalised yet?, does she love him, is that why Khushi is not interested in me? Every time I have tried, she distances me.. tell me please".

Arnavs mind went back to "Oh the same paying guest Payal had mentioned, who had got the doctor!", then thinking of Karan, he smirked thinking, "ha, she is not interested in you!!" then his muscles tensed at the thought of , "does she love that guy..."

Anjali gave a reassuring smile to Karan and said, "arre, even Khushi does not know about this still. Her buaji is quite adamant, her parents don't mind, but her babuji spoke to payal first because Khushi is younger and its not right on Payal.. "

ASR felt a tinge of guilt at that. He was taken back to the night in Sheesh mahal when she was pleading him with "Humme jaane deejiye, Hamari jiji ki shaadi toot jayegi (Let me go, My sisters wedding will be broken )", how ruthless he had been then. "Wish I had trusted her!!"

(In my ff Khushi is 22 and Payal 24.  Akash 27 and ASR same as in show 28)

That's it guys, hope u enjoyed