Part 31

As was her normal expression these days, she replied soberly, "No idea Anjali ji, we asked him to come over, but he said something has come up and he may not be able to come. Now that my passport has come, he was asking me to go over for a few days,.. I am not sure.. but I might go if I can get some days off"

Arnav sat bolt upright and exclaimed "What the.. how can you go..?". But was soon embarrassed when all of them narrowed their eyes and gave him look..

"ah well aaa erm, I meant how can she go, there is so much work in the office" when he saw the rest of them were still gaping at his lame excuse, taking a moment to think, he said confidently, "Aa well, actually di, you know there was some employee crisis in the finance dept, and sarah my secretary has a finance degree, so I was planning on shifting her to that dept for 2 to 3 weeks", he stopped when he saw Payal nodding negatively at Anjali and Akash,..

Then finally seeing how unreasonable he was being trying to stop her from meeting Kushal, he said, "no di, its all right, she does not have to work as my secretary this time if she has plans to meet her brother, fine by me.." and kept quiet.

Anjali said, " Chote I think you should sort out your stuff" remembering it is not very pleasant dealing with Payal about Khushi working with ASR, even though there was not that much of bickering between them now...

Then surprising all, including herself, Khushi explained, "Well Anjali ji, nothing is finalised as yet, Babuji will not like me going alone, so if I need to do extra work, no problem,.."

"Well for now, Khushi ji and Payal ji, you both come and help us at RM for the pooja this Sunday, you know na, Nani has called all your family as well. You babuji was adamant only he should get all the sweets for the pooja. Being a full moon day, it is an auspicious day and Nani thinks everything will sail smoothly from now on!!" Anjali told both the sisters.

"Di what nonsense, everything is fine now, why this extra,.." Anjali giving him a stern look said "chote Chup (Chote quiet..)"

Looking at Aman, Anjali remarked, "Aman, do I need to give you any special invitation? I want you to bring your mum as well? I know your sister is in college and cant make it, but check out and it would be nice if she comes too"

(Most of the characters are all the time alone/orphans, I did not want poor Aman to be one as well, ASR and Khushi were enough,.. don't worry I will not go into their story, but hey, I cant make everyone to be orphans, just to keep the story clean and tidy!! I hope you all don't mind)

Aman giving a slight nod agreed. This man was silent, but nothing went past his keen and suspicious eyes. Having worked in close association with ASR for the last how many godly years, he had seen Arnav and ASR. He now knew since the time an angel (he believes) fell into his boss's arms, he knew there was something majorly causing turbulence in his behaviour. Oh how he had enjoyed seeing the two of the at loggerheads. He loved the chemistry which both shared and he knew, it was only her who could push him to anything, because ASR's mind refused to think with her around!! Imagine standing in front of foreign delegates and challenging the great ASR, with employee rights? (I am referring to when she tells him he cant throw her out of work without any reason). However, working for ASR, he knew he had to keep his views and opinions especially in this regard to himself. But he could set up an urgent meeting in London for him!! Really, may be he thought!! Oh this was so exciting, is this how Khushi jis Devi maiyya plans?? He mused...