Part 25

"Ms.Gupta, It is not a very good idea to take off on the first day of your new job as my secretary!!" Arnav exclaimed when Khushi was busy trying to work out his schedule from his diary.

"Sir, I had already asked for 2 days off from Anjali Ji, I did not know I will be working with you. And it is only for 2 days sir", Khushi tried justifying, and thought "Hey Devi maiyya, Katti, I will not talk to you , Definitely not this time, even if Babuji convinces me!! Why do you put me into the Lions den every time, if only Akash sir or Anjali ji had not agreed to this Laad governor!"

"Sir, why don't you ask Payal, she is here" .. Then concerned of how Payal would cope, she immediately changed to "or there is Lavanya ji, or Pam ji. I know you want to trouble me, that's all, you did this purposely. But mind you, I will not sign any contract.."

Getting up from his chair, irritated with her bakwas, "Ms.Gupta. If you are finished all the names in the office, we can get some work done. "coming close to her, he whispered in his husky voice, "You have given me a headache now. So Khushi, why don't we start of with a nice strong coffee which, " Pausing for her to look at him, he continued "you know all those people you mentioned cant!!"

Khushi opened her mouth wide open in an O and closed it immediately with both her hands. She felt her heart would pop out of her mouth. Dhak dhak,..dhak dhak, .. His closeness made her dizzy and to top all this, her acidity got the worst of it. Without thinking, she blurted out, "Sir you stay away from me. Really I mean it, stay away from me" when he gave a confused look, she continued, "really stay away from me, otherwise you will also get my acidity, And may be my dizziness too".

Arnavs lips curled, as he watched her run to the pantry, thinking "Oh what fun teasing her, Why am I enjoying this?, and why do I keep bothering her, true why do I want to push her into accepting my challenges!!"

Flashback

The hour long meeting had given Arnav a good overview about the progress of the project. He could see where his Nani was coming from. There was no mistaking both the sisters were hard working, though he did not voice his appreciation.

It was then, his secretary had called needing at least a week off due to an accident and Arnav had to agree. But at the same time he was frustrated with the troubled he would have to manage all his schedules. Seeing Khushi leave after the meeting, he had a brain wave!!! " Ms.Gupta I will see how long you can run from me and how dare you" thought Arnav and spoke to his Di

"Di you have good hands under you. You don't need to worry when these two sisters are working for you", Anjali raised her brows in surprise to hear her Chote praise someone and talk like normal human beings!!

Continuing, "aaa Di, actually my secretary has met with an accident and cant come for a week " hesitatingly, he asked, "Di, why don't Khushi be my secretary for a week. You know how busy it is these days. Though Aman is there to look after major issues, I need an extra hand, just for this week. You know she is a quick learner, and she already knows her duties",

Preoccupied she was, and knowing what Aman was busy with, Anjali had agreed without giving it a second thought. She had forgotten all the promises made when they had first agreed to work for AR. Then remembering her conversation with Payal, Anjali said, "but chote, she is off tomorrow afternoon and the day after"

"What the" Arnav had literally shouted, "How can you keep giving them days off, what's hapenning? Di, you and Akash don't understand. It is not a childs play... Its hardly been a few days and they are already showing their true colours, you are too good for these people"