Part 30

"Thank you all so much for being there with me when I needed the most". Akash and Arnav side hugged Anjali, "Common di".. while Aman relaxed in his seat and Payal and Khushi gave " really not a big deal you shouldn't bother" smile..

The three couples sat at a restaurant in a table booked for six by Anjali. Anjali sat in between her brothers, while Aman, Payal and Khushi sat in front of them. "No really, last one month has been quite an ordeal for all of us, each one of you have stood by me no less than family. Thanks really. Thanks Chote, Aman, because of you things have speeded up, otherwise imagine, how long these legalities can take. We have all been so busy with things happening we hardly got ant time, so lets forget about the past at least for a few hours and enjoy, this is a lively restaurant!!"

How could they all forget every thing? Everything was still running in their minds like a serial being replayed again and again,..

Flashback Start

When Anjali left her brothers and Aman to deal with Shyam, Shashi signed Payal to follow Anjali and stay with her. Though Anjali reassured Payal she would stay safe, Payal did not leave her side until Arnav and Akash took over after settling the issues.

Aman was left to wind up the matter officially. As planned ahead, Shyam was forced to sign all the papers needed and handed over to the police, ASR making sure he would not be bailed or released for a good number of years. (Don't worry I have no plans to write second part of the story, 5 years later and continue!! We have already had too much of slime)

Anjali wanted all the family involved to know as well, it was no good keeping anyone in the dark. So, Khushi was surprised when she received a call from Payal calling them to come to RM straight from the temple". Khushi had joined her mum at the temple after office. When the elderly ladies refused, Shashi spoke to them. Well did they have any choice now. Buaji and Garima were quite out of place as this was their first visit and Mami wasn't very welcoming either. But they knew something may be the matter. Why would Shashi be in RM otherwise.

When Arnav saw Khushi, the first thing that came to his mind was of course anger. He was very angry. Angry she could cause so much of emotional turbulence in him and so many others and be oblivious of it. Anger at her innocence. More angry at his anger on her when he knew it was wrong. But what other emotion did he know really.

However some of his anger had dissipated when without being asked she went to kitchen and got him a hot coffee surprising the Guptas and Raizadas. Taking the mug before any accidents he sipped his coffee soothing his burning nerves. Looking at Khushi "I never asked. Khushi, how did you know I badly needed your coffee. "

Khushi snapped, "Oh yes I know you did not ask, but seeing that you have a headache, the first person you will find to blast is me."

She stopped when Garima let out a loud gasp "Khusi". Too late to realise she was giving back to the great ASR in front of his own family and hers. Some were left wondering, when did Arnav mention his headache. Some were wondering looking at the ease with which Arnav came close to her, her sharp reply, in general their casual attitude towards each other.

For Nani, oh well, this was no surprise, it was only "Pooja ka phal (The fruits of my prayers!!)" and she wanted to see more of this.. (Just like all of us, what say)