Part 17

Thanks for all the likes and comments. Loved them. I feel quite happy and elated to see them.Hope this support will continue 

Chapter 17

Shashi was well aware of his decision. He knew his daughters can never let him down. He also knew why the elder ladies were concerned, but he did not mention about his recent enquiry about Shyam to them, and what he had found during his visit to the court!!!

Shashi was completely devastated with what he had learnt. He was constantly calling his Devi maiyya to show the right path. Last few visits to the court by Kedar and himself each had left them both to wonder how to deal with this matter.

Flashback start

As planned before, Shashi had delivered the sweet boxes at Kedar's hotel and hired an auto rickshaw to visit the court. Since Shyam was away, his plan was to enquire a few people about his character, after all his daughters lives were at stake now.

It was nearly lunch time when he reached there. Shashi, was paying the rickshaw when suddenly he heard a voice from behind him, laughing and saying, "Are wah Shyam that was nice, how easily you manipulated that lady, kamala. She is not seen here now. Hearing Shyams name, Shashi straightened his ears, only to hear Shyams voice next., "Oh yes, I have quietened her for a few days now, will have to deal with her later, She is a pain in the neck. Lets go to canteen, common Sharmaji. Morning breakfast at Raizada house is not enough for me!! Both laughed and walking to the canteen.

Shashi was stunned. The Rickshaw had just left and he stood there frozen for a second. Immediately coming to his senses and not wanting to show his face he walked away from the direction of the voice, towards a tree, somewhere to hide his face. When he was sure voices turned faint, he came out of his hiding to see Shyam walking towards what he thought might be the canteen. Now, everything seemed more fishy for Shashi.

His chain of thoughts went on and on,.. If Shyam was in court, he must be in Delhi. If he is in Delhi, he should be at his place. If not, then where is he staying?? Which place did he go to first of all. Did he say Lucknow? Or is he coming back home today after finishing the court? I need to make regular visits every time he goes out. Is it the same lady whom Kedar had seen him arguing with? If things are so confusing, forget getting my daughters married, is it safe for that man to be anywhere near them? hey Devi maiyya, please save my family, he prayed
Owing to his recent health issues and witnessing all the confusing incidences, he quietly returned home without being noticed. This needed some kind of investigation. But was he fit enough to do it on his own? He doubted. What if this Shyam was dangerous? He had to take help from a trusted source. But who? Finally he came to the conclusion, " I should speak to kedar about this. He knows more people in Delhi than any of us. Lets see where this gets us to?

After his chat with his aide, Kedar, both Shashi and Kedar took turns to visit the court so as not to be spotted. Though they had not found a great deal, they had come to the conclusion that Shyam cannot be trusted. Definitely he will not give his daughters hand to this man. Shyam was all the time in Delhi, and visited the court in a car, but had told he would be away from Delhi. Subtle enquiries by Kedar with the driver proved the car came from an affluent part of Delhi. However both Kedar and Shashi did not dare to follow. His thoughts were now consumed with how to get him out of his property ASAP.
Flashback end

Shashi was not impressed with his sister pestering him for the marriage and soon made it clear that he is not comfortable with the too sweet Shyam and he will not allow his daughter to marry him. However, Buaji was not the one to be deterred, she had been bowled over by that monster! And that's how Shyam was made to return to Gupta house to please Shashi and his Sanki daughter.
Last few days Khushi had seen less of ASR owing to his trip to Mumbai and other busy commitments. She was surprised why she felt disappointed when she had heard about his trip but that turned into pain when she came to know Lavanya accompanied him as well. Not giving much thought to it now, she entered his cabin.

ASR was seething. Without giving much chance for her to even greet, walking to where she was, he spoke straight on her face, "Is this what you have been doing all the time? Going out on dates with Karan? Where all have you been other than the coffee house today??Khushi couldn't follow head or tail of what he was shouting, to match his voice, she shouted, "Mr. Raizada, What date?

Thats all for now. Hope you liked this part.