Part 29

Reaching his office even early, Arnav waited for his secretary. After the troubled sleep because of the discussion with Akash and Aman in dealing Shyams issues, he was craving for a aaa well, what else, hot cup of coffee. All his mood went even sour, when watching the car park to check if she arrived, he noticed Khushi getting out of Karans car and his next thoughts were, "Why is she coming with Karan, what does it mean, he going all the way to pick Khushi so early in the morning to drop her off at office.. This girl aaargh.."

Knowing very well how much he likes to start with a hot cuppa, Khushi knocked holding the files needed, hot mug in her hand and of course her fabric bag hung round her shoulders. Already angry since he saw her with Karan, and thinking what took her this long, Arnav opened the door with such force that the mug shook spilling some hot coffee on her hands. "Aaah" Khushi hissed trying to control the pain and still hold the mug.

Overcome with sudden concern, he immediately took the mug from her hands, kept it on the table and grabbed her hand and dragged her to the pantry. Placing her hand below the tap, he let the cold water run. Relief took over her. Seeing the red patch on her skin, he did the best thing he could do. Shout. "Can't you be careful? Who asked you to bring the coffee and that too so hot. Look at your hands." He shouted blowing her hands in between.

Khushis head was spinning with confusing emotions,.... one her hands that was burning, two, his concern, and finally three, his shouting.

But before she could react, he got the first aid box in the pantry and started applying the soothing balm for burns. As if applying balm to a child, forgetting his anger, in his husky voice he said, "It is a good thing it is not too much, otherwise the skin can scald, just look how red it has become". Her heart went dhak dhak.. dhak dhak looking at the way he was applying. Then looking at him confused with the change in his reactions, she pulled her hands,..

Not liking the way she pulled, he was confused and enraged at the same time, "Just look at those burns, you have no sense do you? And you are not letting me put the cream.." and now, she was no less, and she matched his shouting, "Why do you care? What ever happens, it is my hands. I will do it myself."

"Yeah that's right. You will do it. You would have let karan do all this isn't it? Looking at how clumsy you are, You are a walking disaster. You should have asked him to stay over and look after you through out the day.. If he can come to drop you so early in the morning, ask him to stay as well!!"

Before Khushi could give him back aptly, their tirade of words ended, when the kitchen door opened and in walked Manju aunty, kitchen staff.

Seeing her, both gathered themselves and thought, "Oh, staff has just started to come"...

"Miss. Gupta, come to my cabin after you are done.." Handing over the cream tube, he marched out. Manju aunty walked over to Khushi and took the cream thinking. "Why is he always angry on that poor girl? But why was he having the cream? Wait, was he applying this? Really? Hey bhagavan, I cant understand."

Khushi too watched him go and as soon as he disappeared out of the door, exclaimed, "Laad governor, Raakshas hai woh, raakshas (He is a demon) wont let me live in peace", not bothering she was speaking out loud in front of her Manju aunty. Hearing Khushi's voice, Arnav paused outside the door, then walked away.

"Yeah I will allow Karan, or anybody, why is he bothered. At least Karan talks to me so nicely, does not shout at me all the time, let him ask again, I will give him a piece of my mind" she thought getting irritated with his behaviour of taking Karan's name all the time..