Part 19

Chapter 19

This was certainly not one of the reasons Akash would have wanted to meet Payal, but he had no choice. Especially when circumstances where such dire. Pulling a chair for his lady, both settled down in the cosy QD's restaurant near Lakshmi Nagar. Though hesitant to go out for dinner, Payal had to agree when Akash insisted the matter was urgent.

After having some light refreshments, which Akash thought will make her comfortable, getting straight to the point but not to forget his gentleman manners, Akash started, "Payal ji, I cannot thank you enough for agreeing to come here. " when Payal just nodded, Akash continued,

"Payal ji, I will answer all your questions later, but before that you will have to tell me everything, I mean without missing any single information, everything about your paying guest Shyam. Payal was a bit surprised thinking, we have come all the way to discuss an urgent matter, and here he is asking about Shyam ji?? When Akash continued, "I promise, you will know everything soon, please tell me, how you came to know about him, since when and basically all you know, please do not hesitate

Without beating round the bush, "It's a long story Akash ji, we came to know about Shyam ji in Lucknow when Khushi was attacked by some goondas because of the video footage telecast by your brother. If it wasn't for that, we would have been happily living in Lucknow. Only Devi Maiyya knows what would have happened that day. He saved Khushi and my Babuji from the goondas.

Eventually, we landed in Delhi, and to all our pleasant surprise, Khushi accidentally again met him in Delhi. While conversing, we learnt he was an orphan from Lucknow, trying to set his foot in Delhi as an upcoming lawyer. At that time, he was looking for an accommodation and obviously being indebted to him for saving our honour, our Buaji offered the extra room in her property as she thought it would help in the expenses too.

Rest you know how Khushi got the job in AR, which was only because of him, otherwise imagine Khushi going back to ASRs office after all the history with him in Lucknow.

Akash ji, please tell me why you are enquiring about him because, our Buaji is so impressed with Shyam, she is trying to fix Khushi's marriage with him, but our Babuji has refused straight away though I don't know why. I have also noticed Babuji is behaving strange last few weeks.Both sat staring into nothing, for a long time. After listening to the other side of the story, he realised the gravity of the situation. Akash knew there was a strong Payal hidden behind her shy nature. However, he was not sure how Payal would deal with the truth, but she had to be braced with facts now or later. Thinking better, Akash handed her the envelope.

On the other side of Lakshmi Nagar, Shashi sat discussing with his friend what to make of the new found information. Both friends had gathered enough courage, hired a taxi finally to follow Shyam's car to Raizada mansion. Gathering the little information security guards disclosed, they managed to learn the names of Arnav Raizada and Deviyani Raizada. Having Madhumathi as his sister, came to his advantage, he was well informed with all the details. His daughters worked for the Raizadas. In fact Khushi was first introduced to them through Shyam.

Soon everything fit like a puzzle. One conclusion they came to, Shyam was leading a double life, cheating the Guptas, and probably the Raizadas as well. Now he was worried if there were others involved in this? What if this was a racket? Were his daughters safe in their work place? But from what little he had heard from his daughters, they were happy with their work place, and also they had visited Raizada mansion as well quite regularly. Shashi shuddered at the thought of all the complexities involved. What life had come to, for a simple halwai from Lucknow?

Finally, exhausted, Payal tried to put the papers in the envelope. Her vision blurred with tears streaming down her eyes, her hands shook uncontrollably. Unable to see her state, Akash took the papers and the envelop, placed them on the table and held both her hands securely in his huge palms. For once, the demure Payal let herself be consoled. The thorough investigation done by Akash had shook her to the core. She prayed to Devi Maiyya for nothing untoward had happened. Slowly recovering from the shock, she gently tugged. Akash understood.

Her next question increased his respect towards Payal tenfold. "Akash ji, we have been spared, Khushi has been spared thanks to devi maiyya. But what about Anjali ji?

"That's the only question which is worrying me day and night Payal ji. I prayed for all of it to be a lie when I started my suspicions, but how long can we ignore the truth. Di will be devastated. I have done all the investigation. Shyams life before he entered Raizada mansion, his life in Lucknow, Kanpur, his bank statements since the last few years. Then I wanted to know your side of the story as well. Now I think we need to involve bhai or someone elderly. We need to take their advice. The past few weeks has been so harrowing for me. I could not tell anybody about the things happening

Payal gave an understanding look. As if remembering something, Akash questioned, "Why did your Buaji insist for Khushi ji marriage when you are her elder sister. Only after asking the question, did Akash realise how painful it was to even consider the option. It just did not sound right.

Payal felt disgusted even at the thought and said, "Because he has been helping Khushi since we have known him and we think he secretly likes her. Hey Devi Maiyya, even the thought makes me sick, Akash ji. We must do something.

Akash was in a mood to clear all the doubts today, "Payal ji, what is the history behind Khushi and Bhai in Lucknow? Is that why he behaved the way he did when she joined? Looking at how her eyes showed grief, he added, "If you don't mind please

Not wanting to recount her broken marriage and the rest, she said, "Please could you ask your brother about it. But it still intrigues me they both are always at loggerheads. Khushi has never been this bad with anybody, in fact she just loves everybody. She loves life to its fullest...After completing all the formalities at the restaurant, "One last thing Payal ji, said Akash as they were heading towards Gupta house, "Please could you keep this to your self for now. I will let you know what steps I intend to take going ahead. Bhai and Di have seen so much in life, this will be a terrible blow to them, to all of us actually

Safe in the sanctity of her house, Payal ran to her Babuji, surprised him by giving a bone crushing hug and said, "Thank you babuji, Thank you thank you thank you sooo much. Shashi was taken aback by her display and wondered what must have happened. This was so not Payal. This would not have bothered him, if it was Khushi who was always more expressive of the two, but Payal!!

Last Khushi heard was, "Hai re nand kishore, sanka devi's sanak has finally rubbed on to Payaliya as well. Garimaaa, we are doomed.. Arre someone get my head band, nand kishore

That's It Dearies for today