Part 41

Seeing his family laugh heartily gave him a satisfaction beyond description. ASR saw how his di was enjoying to her fullest arranging all the post wedding games held at RM. However there was something missing.. or was it someone..

"Akash, you better search for the ring fast otherwise you know what my state is bitwa" Mama told Akash among angry glares of Mami and peels of laughter from NK, Nani and Anjali while Akash was trying to search for the ring frantically. However, Payal quietly held her hand up with the ring smiling.

"Oh we need to hab (have) best of three then, hello hai. My sons should bin (win)" shouted Mami not liking her son loosing in er well almost all the games.

"That's cheating" shouted ASR surprising everyone. "Well if she has won, then done.. I think they are all tired, we should all retire.." ASR tried to distract.

"Yes di, lets finish all this, I am too tired.." opined Akash too, but soon turned red with embarrassment when he heard roaring laughter. Obviously he had not realised what was to come after all this..

***************************************

"Amma, where are all the gift packs. Jiji will be here soon, I have loads to talk to her. Let us get everything ready before she comes... " Khushi shouted getting ready to spend the next 2 days with her sister and then both would go their own way, Payal going on her honeymoon and Khushi leaving to Lucknow..

Not very happy to part with his wife, Akash dropped Payal at Gupta house reluctantly. The family had hardly relaxed over the last few weeks because of the wedding preparations. However, today with no worries or tension all sat together like old times and enjoyed the day. Even took time to visit the temple. After all without their Devi Maiyyas blessings, nothing was possible.

The scene was different at RM. Somebody was restless and eagerly waiting at RM. "Di, what time is Payal coming?" was the question frequently asked. No no it was not Akash, but ASR..

"Chote, I think it is better you go to office instead of eating my head. This is the 4th time I am telling you. I told you in the evening. By the way, why do you want to know? Akash has gone to pick up Payal, so they will be here soon.."

"Di, it was you all who told me to take a few days of before and after wedding. Ok, I am going to office then,." Saying so he went off, while Anjali kept saying, "Arrey baba, I was only making fun, sorry.."

He had only opened the door, when Akash walked in with Payal and Khushi.

"Bhai, are you going somewhere?"

"Er, No Akash, Was everything ok Payal" he asked looking at Payal

Payal nodded. Both Payal and Akash walked in leaving behind Khushi who was fidgeting with the pallu (loose end of the saree ) of her saree. She was indeed wearing the same red saree he had chosen. Mesmerised, he stood, watching her until she shyly said "Ji namaste" folding her arms.

"Hi" he whispered, when NK came rushing to the door, "Khushi ji... you have come, you have made my day.. come in, we can have loads of fun. I have been waiting for you since morning. By the way, you know, you are looking so beautiful in this saree..."

"This monkey has to interfere!!!" glared ASR and walked away..

Family dinner was a grand affair with Khushi, NK and a new member of the family. Anjali had suggested watching a movie then all sat discussing the wedding, guests, basically anything their mind came across. Arnav kept watching Khushi, couldn't take his eyes off.

"Khushi ji, you know don't you I will, be coming to Lucknow and you will have to show me all the best places to see and eat " NK spoke casually.

"Yes Nanne ji, anytime, just give me a call, I will see my class timings and we can go." Khushi gladly agreed,