Part 18

Khushi couldn't follow head or tail of what he was shouting, to match his voice, she shouted, "Mr. Raizada, What date?

"Khushi I was there in the coffee house to discuss a deal with the client. So what were you doing with Karan. How long has this been going on??
Khushi was so so irritated with his behaviour, "Why don't you ask your Di if you what to know what I was doing with him. And what does it matter to you? (Aapko kyon faraq padtha hai!! Yay finally I wrote the famous words!!). Very upset with his behaviour, "Hum chalte hai sir, (I am leaving sir).
He pulled khushi holding her wrist and locking it behind her back, "How dare you Khushi kumari Gupta? I have not yet finished. I care because it is office time and I don't want my employees flirting around with clients ASR hissed. A wild sensation ran through both of them. Khushi was shocked at their close proximity.
Yes Khushi had experienced some ear twisting and smacks for all her sanki acts by her amma, and Buaji was always running behind her with her belan, but nobody other than family had physically hurt her. Right now, unaware of the conflicting emotions she was experiencing, she stood there with tears streaming down her cheeks, even though he wasn't holding her tight. Probably it was the thought of him holding her captive, or the fact she still felt protected, rather than hurt, she was confused.
She untangled herself from him, "Sir,.. is all she said before walking out without waiting for his reply.. Wait, what was that, did she hear an apologetic call "Khushi... when the door closed, well, she did not wait to know!!
What Shashi did not know was, there was another man following Shyam to the courts, who was none other than Akash. Some where Devi Maiyya was putting some measures in place, answering her loyal devotee Shashi's prayers.
Akash had diligently followed his Jijaji to the courts everyday. However, owing to his stay in RM, Shyam was obediently doing his court runs from Raizada mansion without straying. Aksah came up with the conclusion of following his jijaji when he was on his next client visit which was nothing but soon enough.
With Shyam now being called away by Buaji to please her brotger, Akash continued his court visits monitoring his jijaji. Akash would follow him from a distance, and each time he ended up near Lakshmi nagar. Something was seriously wrong. Not wanting to get caught, Akash hired different taxis, but stopped as soon as Shyam's rickshaw stopped near Payals house. Intrigued, he wondered, why is Jijaji going there?
Akash was familiar with Lakshmi Nagar, what with his vehicle breaking every 2 days in the last few months especially. Akash was familiar with Happy ji as well. Making sure his Jijaji was still in court Akash went to Happy jis garage on the pretext of getting his vehicle fixed.
Happy ji was aptly named by his parents! He was a happy man indeed, who saw the good in all. And one quality of these people is to divulge all without any ill intentions. So it was no surprise when Akash casually mentioned "Oh, Happy ji, that is Payals house isn't it? all history was narrated.
Happy jis words shocked Akash to the core. "Haan saab that is Payal and Khushi didis house. I know they work in your company isn't it saab? They are very hard working. Khushi didi comes to help me also whenever she can find time. Just few months ago, their parents joined them. What yummy sweets Shashi saab makes.. mmm You must try them. They really went through a lot of trouble saab, thats why Buaji kept a PG. Only recently I heard their Buaji talking about wedding proposal for Khushi ji with their PG Shyam... It didn't take much for Akash to put two and two together, before he confirmed the identity of the PG.
Happy ji would have still continued if he hadn't seen Akash's face turning pale. He stopped talking and offered him a seat. This was a such a blow to Akash. What on earth was going on? Why was Jijaji staying in Payals house? And yuck, even the thought of the wedding proposal made him sick? He needed to discuss this. But with whom can he discuss?
For one thing was clear. Akash was also ASR. However, their approach was different, when there was a crisis. Akash was gifted with a very rare special trait which many in the world lack. Patience. Perhaps Devi Maiyya had bestowed a bit extra on him. Akash thought for a while, collected himself, and made two important calls. He did not want to come to any conclusion. He made his way to office, as things would take care of itself slowly and he knew he could do nothing now.
ASR was not happy with himself. What was the need to hold her like that, and moreover, why did he feel a sense of warmth and belonging when they were so close. He did not like the void when she left him.
ASR was also not happy with his sister. "Chote I myself wanted her to go with Karan, remember how desperate he was? she would not agree at all and it was decided I should go for the coffee meeting too to discuss the project. But last minute, I skived!! " She giggled,
"You know Chote, Karan is too fast, he has made good progress. He has arranged for a Diwali party for his brother Kunal and the new bride and Khushi might be giving a dance performance with some of her friends. Oh I am so excited, hope your jijaji will be there so I too can go for the party
"What the?.. ", Anjali was so so excited, she did not see the look of horror in her brothers eyes. She continued, "Also you know what Payal told me, Khushi's marriage has temporarily been stalled since she wants to become independent and see Payals wedding first, and their Babuji has agreed. Anjali was all excited while talking.
Irritated and jealous, ASR grumbled "Di do you come here for match making or work? Do you think we are all here to listen to whose marriage is fixed, stalled, broken. Di, seriously, I think you should stay at home..
"Oh Chote common I feel so good and confident now a days working. I am getting the hang of it now and I feel much confident. Thanks to those hardworking girls really. They really inspire me. Now see your jijaji has again gone away, you don't take this away as well!!"
"Di please, I did not mean it that way. You can always come Di. In fact, you should come everyday instead of working 2 days from home. May be I should start sending you on business trips as well.,
Arnav felt very sad for dismissing his di. He realised how she must be feeling with Jijaji going away all the time and she having to spend time just waiting at home everyday. "Sorry di,..
Answering his phone, Akash replied, "yes please we need to meet today... it is very urgent"

Thats all for now. Hope you liked this part.