Part 28

Late in the evening, sat in the conference room, Anjali looked at Aman, Arnav and Akash.

"I have thought about this a lot, not able to sleep properly, I am still confused, but I am afraid things can go wrong if we did not tackle it properly. So I have decided, I need to speak to Shyam. Have proper chat with him and ask directly why he is doing what he is doing?"

When nobody said anything, Akash said, "But Di, you know he has already been sweet talking all of us since last 3 years, we can see how the Guptas have been cheated as well. How can you trust him?"

"Akash, I know I have not been married for long, but still, three years, three long years I have not thought of anything but him. Though when you come to think of it, it has only been from one end I must say.. How can I simply let go, we have to confront him"

Arnav was seething in anger. "How can you even think of giving him a chance Di. He was planning on marrying again. You very well know who and I can't even bear to think of it. Di please you cant do this"

"I know I know chote, but still, what if all this is not true and there is something more to what the eye can see."

Akash nodding his head in disagreement, "Di, just today we have told Payal's Babuji and he was horrified hearing the things and he nearly collapsed I must say. Before he left, all he said was he does not want anybody else's daughter to be cheated and he even told me to ask you to think well before you take a decision"

Then after a pause, "But Di, you know what ever you want to do we will be with you even if we think you are wrong."

Anjali said. "No no, I may not give him a chance, but I want him to explain.."

Silently watching all the three converse about the issue, Aman intervened, clearly pointing the different options. "Ok, Anjali ji, consider these options.

One. If all this is true and he is not repentant, then it is easy to guess, but what is your option.

Two, If he accepts his mistakes and apologises, are you ready to pardon him.

Three, if none of this is true," looking at both Arnav and Akash, he continued, "which none of us think so, what do you think may be the reasons for all that was found by the investigators? He has been involved in illegal activities, and probably he may already be on the police records for all we know.."

Akash and Arnav was thankful to Aman for systematically putting the problem forward, and Anjali was restless thinking of the reality, finally she said,

"Lets go about like this. I don't want him to get any doubt and I will confront him alone. All of you can stay in the house and do the necessary arrangements in case things go wrong. May be we could get the Gupta's as well. Payal told me he is not in their house as well now, so may be he is in Kanpur then.."

When all seemed to agree to what Anjali said, Akash received a phone from Payal. Akash was in two minds. When Arnav raised his eye brows to ask who it was, Akash mouthed "Payal".

"I think you should take it " Arnav suggested.

Walking out of the conference room, Akash asked, "Yes Payal ji, is everything ok? Is your Babuji all right now"

"He is fine Akash ji, and nothing to worry about. Babuji wanted to meet Anjali ji, if she is ok to meet him."

Akash replied, "Payal ji, just now we were discussing this, I don't think di will have a problem."