Part 45

Making his way to her, not taking his eyes off hers, as their hearts had started to beat in unison.. "Dhak dhak.." both whispered at once,

"Khushi.. " "Arnav ji.."

When the door bell rang..

Asking him to take a seat, she moved to the door to open thinking Kushal baba has been really quick. However, she was surprised to find the nearby store boy Krishna with a bag of fruits.

"Khushi didi, Kushal baba called and asked us to deliver this to you." Seeing the bandage, he exclaimed rather loudly, "Didi, what happened, did you fall? When did you fall? Where did you fall? Are you alright?"

Breathing a sigh of relief, Arnav sat down and for the first time took notice his surroundings. In his rush to look at his love, he had not bothered to notice anything.. A modest house with all the amenities needed, he could see the large kitchen with attached dining hall. He could easily guess the handicraft works done by Khushi and Payal hung on the walls. The constant smile fixed on his face from the last few minutes grew listening to Khushi's conversation...

"Why Krishna, only fruits. Did he not ask to deliver jilebis." Khushi was speaking rather crossly to the young boy who replied apologetically "Didi, baba specifically told me not to take any such thing. You get well soon didi, I will bring it for you myself. Pukka (promise) "

Khushi sent him away with a smile, but soon turned grave thinking of the person sitting inside the house. Her mind again went on a roller coaster ride. She stood for a few minutes, watching the boy go beyond her view, but her mind was as blank as can be. Slowly, her mind then started playing all the dialogues that just took place before they were interrupted.

************************************************************************************

"Nani at least now tell me where Chote has gone" Anjali was pleading her Nani.

Giving a look at Payal who was clearing the table after breakfast, Nani remarked, "There's no point in hinding now is there?" getting a stare from Payal and Anjali.

Anjali guessing what might be the cause, was happy, but Payal was puzzled into thinking, "What is happening?"

"Chote has gone to see Khushi bitiya" she opened the topic to get a pleasant smile from Anjali and a shocked and confused gasp from Payal and exclaimed loudly "Khushi?"

Nani continued, "After he told us what he spoke with Kushal, I was upset seeing him go away so cool without any concern, but Chote's dimaag (brain) is always thinking 2 miles ahead. He was already on the call to Aman trying to book his chopper and arrange for things to sort out at Lucknow, while cancelling all his meetings here."

Both Payal and Anjali raised their eyebrows in surprise, but none the less said nothing and wanted to know more, Nani again continued.. "It was nearly midnight when he came to the room..."

Flashback start

"Nani you are still not asleep, the lights are on? Di slept?" Arnav asked while going to the kitchen to take a glass of water..

"She just slept, I could not get to sleep, so I woke up. I am a bit worried for Khushi bitiya" she said rather tauntingly..

"Don't worry Nani, Kushal just sent a msg saying there is no problem, it is just a little cut, it did not need any stitches or anything major, they will send her home tomorrow." Arnav assured her.