Payash Wedding

Garima, and Buaji were all praises for Arnav. "We know he can be ruthless to others, but when it is a matter of family, that boy will do anything to keep it happy and safe. See, now Payaliya is going to be one of their family, so he is taking extra efforts to welcome her!!!" chimed buaji looking at all the gifts,..

Beautifully wrapped gift boxes, one has to give it to ASR to achieve perfection, well in these matters, thought Khushi while she handed individually packed gifts to all. Designer kurtas for Kushal and Babuji. Designer sarees for the ladies suiting each ones age and personality and not to mention Khushi got a red saree . However Khushi felt there was more to it and she was not wrong, for when she went to her room and opened her package, she found beautiful bangles to go along with the saree. Ofcourse she did not want to make a big scene in front of Payal for receiving special gift and she slid them into her bag.

Sleep evaded her. Day by day she was falling in deep trouble and she knew not how to get out. And to top all this, he has started showing these special gestures. What is the meaning of this? She wondered. Immediately her mind went back to a time when his words had broken her heart, "just because I have spoken to you nicely once or twice, does not mean anything? Do you understand?" She jolted thinking of the incident and her heart breaking again.. She did not want to be mistaken again and dream...

It was a similar thought Khushi had had when the proposal to go to Lucknow was made, yes she wanted to go, to spend time with her brother, but a certain someone kept nagging her thoughts. But thinking of her relationship with Arnav, she knew it was something she could not even dream of. Also, knowing her parents, she knew soon there would be talks of her wedding too. Was she ready? No way. God, she did not even want to marry at all with her heart somewhere else, but she also knew that was not possible, what reason could she give them? That she had fallen for a man who does not believe in Love or marriage? So the best solution was to push the situation and let her heart heal with time.. if only

Office was rather a dull affair now with the wedding celebrations going on. She had to juggle her time between all these preparations, and to top all these, she was designing a special secret lehnga for Payal as well. And she was stuck with it. Something was not right, either the colour did not match or the design was not right for the work, and she was unable to decipher the problem. Unaware of the time, late in the evening she was stuck in the office trying to figure out the problem, when, who else, our ASR barged in and shouted,

"Khushi what are you doing here. Do you know how worried everybody is? They have been trying to contact you? Di called me, then Payal, then Kushal.. "

Taken aback by his sudden entry and the barrage of questions, it took some time for Khushi to realise what the matter was. Seeing the time, "Oh, I am so sorry, I did not know it was this late." She was a bit embarrassed by her state. She had had a long day. Sticking her pen every so often into her hair, most of it had come out of her braid, flying all over her face and not to mention she was dead tired.

She hurriedly started packing her belongings when Arnav came over to her desk, "What were you doing??"

Before she could pull the design he was already at it, looking with a keen eye..

Khushi hesitantly replied, "Er, woh, I was trying to design this for Jiji, but please don't tell her, even Anjali ji doesn't know, please.." Arnav raised an eyebrow and said..

"mmmm so you are designing this. It is very beautiful" In fact he was surprised at his own declaration. "Thanks Arnav ji, but something does not fit right, that's why I am breaking my head.. " Khushi continued, then cheekily she said, "Well you know like you say, trying to stress my pea sized brain" and she laughed..