Part 23

"Hey Devi Maiyya you have changed your side, I will not talk to you", thought Khushi and turned around,..

Arnav came out of the wash room, sat down picking up his coffee and asked in a soft voice,

"Why are you running away from me Khushi?" Hearing him talk so soft, Khushi thought Arnav had mellowed down in the last few days, however, she could never guess this mans reactions, so defending herself she shouted,

 "Why should I see you, tell me, Yes I don't want to see you or talk to you, because I don't want to hear any more abuses from you. Why, have you forgotten some? Is that why you called me? Hey Devi maiyya, it was so good for the last few days, now what have you done!!" She held her head turning from right to left, doing her nautanki.. (Drama).

Arnav did not say a word. He sat taking in the sight of Khushi simply blabbering,... and.... enjoying. He knew what she was saying was fully justified. He felt the scene that was being played was so odd, yet somewhere he felt right. Imagine, Khushi scolding him and he sat simply!!! He was more surprised at his own behaviour. Instead of getting angry at this chit of a girl, he was admiring her dare.

When he saw Khushi was getting irritated, he coolly said, "Khushi coffee was very nice, If you have finished your talk, can you come with the Mehta file, I want to discuss a few things!! ". Khushi felt flustered. Imagine ASR praising her openly for her coffee!! Hey Devi maiyya When has it ever happened? She was confused thinking, "I have been shouting at him and he is not angry at me, Hey Devi maiyya, what is he up to now", Khushi turned to go, blabbering "Please help me Devi maiyya, please help me", but stopped midway to hear, "And Khushi, I want to discus it with YOU"

When Khushi turned around to leave again, he called again. This time when Khushi turned around, she was taken aback to see him right in front of her. Walking straight up to her, before he could change his mind, Arnav whispered in his husky voice, "Khushi sorry".

Khushi thought she had lost it. Did she really hear a sorry? But why? She stood there looking at him with a blank expression. When he did not continue, scratching her head she asked, "Sorry why?".

"Sorry I did not know you were also an anaath (Orphan) like us". Understanding what he was trying to say, she stopped, "You are sorry because I am an orphan, really". Looking at Arnav's puzzled gaze, she continued, "You don't have to be sorry Mr.Raizada, because as long as my babujis blessings are with me, I will never be an orphan. It was Devi Maiyyas wish to take away my own parents and replace them with my Amma and Babuji. And how can you call yourself an orphan when you have a doting sister, a family with nani, mami, mama and a brother who will not think twice to do anything for you? You could not be what you are today without theirs and Devi maiyyas blessings,.."

Even though he was not convinced of Devi maiyyas hand, he knew his family was always there for them, which was probably why he did not blast her,..

After her tirade, she waited. Waited to be blasted thoroughly, but when he did not say anything, Khushi thought better to go before he starts and made her way out to find nani outside his door. Hearing Khushi shout, Nani who already had an eye on her, came to make sure nothing untowards was happening .

Not sure if Nani had heard her shouting, Khushi gave a sorry smile. Nani voluntarily blessed Khushi stroking her cheeks and took her to her room. There was no way she would let this gem of a girl get away. From her experience, she knew both of them shared something very strong which she couldn't or rather didn't want to name right now!! Who could imagine the great ASR taking all that piss off from any girl!! That something had to be nurtured and shown the right path, or she knew her grandson could end up destroying the innocent girl.