Part 33

"Why did you have to call me all the way from London? Di, you should not have done this? Can you not see clearly he is only favouring me to get away from that chamkeeli" whined Lavanya sitting in Anjalis room after all the guests had left.

Anjali had started her mission of match making and wanted to bring La and chote together. Being through all her problems, she had hardly noticed anything that was happening. When one idea got stuck to her head she turned blind to the rest. And chote was happy in La's company as well, she did not see any reason not to.

"Lavanya, Yes I did see what happened, but I don't think there is anything like that going on. Have you not seen how they both argue and shout at each other all the time? This is just a one off" Anjali replied.

"Di, probably he has always been attracted with that chamkeeli, but he is not accepting it, and I have been more stupid to play along thinking he likes me. Honestly Di, not a single day have I managed to see any of his emotions other than his irritated behaviour. He is probably just doing this to make you happy. ASR and I have both been playing a convenient game, I need a break. Moreover di, you know we both don't believe in all this marriage and stuff,.." Lavanya tried to explain..

However, Anjali was still not so sure about Arnav and Khushi, not that she did not like Khushi and at the same time, she did not want to loose Lavanya either. So she decided, "Ok Lavanya ji, I will make chote agree, you don't worry, I will make Nani agree as well, you shift over here.."

"Di, actually,..." Lavanya tried speaking but Anjali cut off saying "I am going to talk to Chote,.."

The next day, so it was, Akash and Payal found themselves in a near by cafe. Though shy, both were now used to going out and discussing matters and they did not find it odd. But Akash was still reluctant, as it was, with the matters of the heart. But now he knew, if he waited any longer, he may loose his love forever.

"Payal ji, I have been meaning to tell you this from a very long time but other grave matters have risen and I could not express myself in the midst of all the happenings. I really don't know how to go about this, I have never done this before..." Akash hesitated,

Payal quietly replied, "Akash ji I could not refuse when you said it was urgent. Both of us have seen our families go through a lot of difficulties, and I know you are a very strong person, please tell me what is bothering you and how I can help?"

Akash blurted out, "It is you Payal ji, and again, it is only you who can help"

"What, .." for once Payal was a bit loud and restless..

Becoming calm, Akash replied, "Calm down Payal ji, I did not mean it in a bad way. "

Offering Payal a drink, Akash continued, "well, I ah,.. erm,..I " again words were stuck in his throat,.. When Payal wanted to say something, gathering all the courage he could muster, he quickly said it all in one breadth,.. "Well Payal ji don't stop me now,. It is now or never. I don't want your Babuji to go and look for a boy for you? please Payal ji, I have only dreamt of you since I have realised how much I love you. And moreover, this love has only increased since I have known you better when we were dealing with Dis issues.. Please Payal ji,. Please could you do the honours of becoming my wife?"

Payal gasped, "Akash ji,..".

Though she did harbour some feelings towards him and may be somewhere in the corner of her heart she was expecting this, it was still too sudden. Even though she very much admired the man in front of her, and there was nothing stopping her from loving him, she could not accept it. She had to consider all the social barriers separating them and nothing could make it possible. Moreover she did not want another heart break or another broken marriage. Not she, not her family could bear this.

When she saw Akash waiting for an answer, with a sad face, she replied, "Akash ji, I don't want to hurt your feelings. But you need to face reality. This can never happen. I will never go against my family and the same with you I suppose."

With a broken heart, Akash replied, "Payal ji,.." but Payal who couldn't bear to be there another moment since she knew her dam of tears would break open, ran from there.

At the same time, one ASR was giving a crisp command to another ASR.. Anjali was having a small moment with Arnav in convincing him for La to shift over to RM. With Lavanya also present in the cabin, Arnav could not say more "Di, what have you been doing? Please Di don't make this more hard. You know I am not interested in all this and I don't believe in all this,.."

But Anjali was adamant, "Chote, I am only asking her to move in, I will speak to Nani, she will definitely agree..", little did she know that Nani would never ever agree after what she has seen between Arshi,..

"Best solution would be for you to move to London ASR. We can stay together there, you don't need to worry then about all this.." La spoke, which definitely did not go very well with Anjali. ASR was quick enough to see the change in his Di's emotions and finally said, "Di, Lets talk about this later. Give me some time please.."

At around ten in the night, there was panic all round in RM. Nani was walking around restlessly, Anjali was seen making calls. ASR was blasting commands to Aman, Mama was sat consoling a wailing Mami, "Oh, bhere has my sans gaan?, woh bhi ek lauta,.." (Where has my son gone?, and I have only one son.)

"Mano, don't worry, May be his gadi (vehicle) is stuck, or no signal in phone, Akash will be safe. He is not a little boy, have some trust, He will be ok." Mama was trying to console her..

"What did you say, last he went out with Payal for a meeting? What time was it??" ASR barked at Akash's secretarty..

"Sir, it was about 2 when they went. After that, I did not see him"

"Nani, I hope Akash has not done anything silly. Just heard that his secretary saw him last when he went to meet Payal at 2. You know na, he was not happy when her Babuji spoke about her rishta (alliance). " Passing by his Nani's room, ASR heard his Di mention, when he was about to enter .

After half an hour, Khushi was sat next to him in his SUV, taking him to meet Payal. "Which god damn place has this girl gone to" ASR was shouting at Khushi,..

Getting irritated Khushi answered in a not so friendly tone, "I told you there was an emergency and Kedar uncle wanted babuji, so Payal accompanied him, she did not want him to go alone at this time."

By now he was all the more angry hearing her reply tone, remembering Di's words, he shouted, "And she let my brother go alone? What did she do to him?" after a pause, "after all you middle class girls have nothing else do you? Whatever be the situation, your thinking will never change, you show your true colours. She thought she can trap my brother. And you, just because I have spoken to you nicely once or twice, does not mean anything? Do you understand? Both of you must have thought you have had a good catch. Don't start building castles in the air Ms. Khushi kumari Gupta, or should I say Ms.Sharma. You mean nothing to me. Do you understand?" as if to confirm to himself, he repeated "Nothing at all" and then he made the mistake of looking at Khushi.

Khushi sat staring at him with glistened eyes, tears pooling in her eyes. The dam would be broken any moment. She felt disgusted to even defend her family if this man thought like this.. Without any further talk, she guided him to Kedars house, as if nothing had happened..