Part 39

Before she could lay her eyes on ASR, there stood in front of her, NK. "Khushi jiiiiiii, Namaste, Hi, shaksikaal, beinvenue,.... I am NK". Completely puzzled, Khushi gave him a nervous smile and folded her hands in a namaste.. "I have heard so so so much about you.. Nani and Anjali di have not stopped talking about you" he continued...

Thank goodness, Anjali soon came there, "Khushi ji, meet my other brother, NK. He is Akash's maasis (Aunts) son. He just came from Australia in the morning, just in time for the engagement function isn't it.."

"That is nice Anjali ji, You have so many brothers,... anyway I can't complain, I too have got mine now!!" Khushi spoke casually and again her eyes were searching for the one.... only to freeze on the spot looking into the dark chocolate brown eyes... Both could not stop admiring each other. ASR dressed in formal attire for the engagement and Khushi too in her best, mesmerised they forgot the rest of the world..... Anjali and NK had long gone, knowing its hopeless to disturb them..

It was time for the main ceremony, soon after the entertainment. Khushi along with her dance friends, gave a wonderful performance enjoyed by all and secretly admired by ASR while Anjali kept asking, "where has chote gone when all this entertainment is going on"

"Jijaji, Jiji has specifically selected this ring, it is one ring made up of seven groves indicating she will not leave you for the next seven lives" Khushi teased Akash while he was busy shying away. Khushi continued, "aa where can you see all that, when jiji is standing here, Jijaji I am talking to you..." Khushi tried to grab his attention. She had to stop her teasing when Garima strictly looked at her and said, "Kusi.. everything has a time. Let us begin the ritual."

The Gupta's were relaxed after the ceremony. Nani tried to make them feel comfortable. Nani was very happy her grandson was getting engaged and she had invited some of her friends from Lucknow too. Shashi knew some as well. The event finished without any hurdles and all were thankful. The guests had dispersed and just the Gupta's stayed. Talks of the wedding ceremony and preparations started.

To make the mood light, Nani remarked, "Shashi ji, now elder daughter's wedding is finalised, you should start thinking of Khushi's as well. Many of my friends were asking.. I have someone in mind if you are ready.. "

Anjali saw her brother's ears pop up top here what Shashi politely replied "Devyani ji, thanks a lot. It is all you elders blessings. There has been a few proposals, we are thinking, but Khushi.." and he hesitated..

Nani prompted him, "Why what happened?" looking at Khushi, "do you like anybody else Khushi bitiya".

Obviously Buaji had to interrupt, "No No Devyani ji, nothing of that sort. Kushal is planning on coming back to India for a few months and he will be working in Lucknow. So Khushi wanted to move there."

What a shock to the Raizadas. All made an O face looking at Khushi, who squirmed in her seat. Feeling conscious, she replied, "ah, well I was going to talk to you Anjali ji.." and she gave an unhappy look at her Buaji which said "Buaaji... Did you have to say it now??"

Not understanding her discomfort, Buaji continued, "You know Devyani ji, todays generation. She wants to study something. Good proposals are coming by, we told let us do the engagement, you can still study, but this sanka devi, does not want to listen. She will not get married it seems!!" giving a big sigh, Buaji continued, " well it is also a good time, as you know if she gets married she would not be able to spend any time with her brother, so we all agreed. We too can visit Lucknow more often now"

Seeing how Khushi's was getting uncomfortable, Kushal addressing Nani ji and the others , "Well that is the proposal now, Khushi was going to speak to you" looking at Anjali and Akash. Continuing, "There is a project to look after in Lucknow and I offered to do it, and Karan will be going to London to takeover the other project."