Part 15

ASR felt a tinge of guilt at that. He was taken back to the night in Sheesh mahal when she was pleading him with "Humme jaane deejiye, Hamari jiji ki shaadi toot jayegi (Let me go, My sisters wedding will be broken )", how ruthless he had been then. "Wish I had trusted her!!"

Succumbing to Karans pressure, Anjali promised to speak to Khushi about it, which did not go well with the angry young man ASR. "Di, you do'nt need to do this, you don't know what kind of girls they are,..". Anjali silenced with just "Chote please..." Both Karan and Anjali left his cabin leaving a confused Arnav behind.

Dinner table at the Raizadas was a very dull affair when compared to the Guptas. Not just the dinner table, but there was no khushi in the house. And today was no different. ASR was extra angry for he did not know why he was upset with the revelation of Khushis wedding, and Akash was extra quiet. Well, that was never a worry to any of the Raizadas, it was just... well.. normal. Feigning headache, Akash had brooded in his room whole day. Not finding any particular solution for the issue that had cropped up, he came down for some food for his thoughts and tummy.."Di, which place has jijaji gone to? " enquired Akash only to be given a strange glare from all, since he never asked any questions before. "Well bas aise hi pooch raha hoon, (well I just casually asked..)""Not sure Akash, He has cases in Lucknow and Kanpur. He has been travelling a lot lately. I spoke to him today. He will be back tomorrow. "

Shashi was a contented man, who did not take any decisions in haste and was more protective when it came to his daughters and hence not going to be pressurised by his sister, when his daughters well being was at stake. He was happy to have found his friend Kedar on whom he had utmost trust and had only asked him to check on Shyam.

That was the reason he was disturbed hearing Kedars recount of his visit to court the next day. Walking towards the old court buildings of Delhi, on the pretext of finding a lawyer for Buaji's pension, Kedar witnessed what seemed to be a regular sight of late. The lady would not leave Shyam come what may and was in full swing to get her case off him now. His flowery words to convince her about the case did no good. Finally he shut her for the time being, by giving her some money and to look into it later. Fed up with the regular recent bickerings, and remembering he should be off to please the Raizadas, Shyam had summoned the driver to take him back to Shantivan.

What surprised more was the fact that a chauffer driven car came and how Shyam was ordering the driver. What was happening? Collecting himself, Shashi decided to make a visit to the court soon, since Shyam was anyway out of Delhi.

Ignorant to all the happenings around her, Khushi was busy with her own issues. Just before leaving office after a tiring days work, she stood outside the Lions den, frantically chanting to her Devi maiyya to protect her before knocking. This was one of the rare occasions or probably the first time, when she went to his cabin without being called.

Surprised to see Khushi so late in the office, and that too in his cabin, ASR exclaimed, "Ms.Gupta? what brings you here. Dont want to go home? "

Handing him an envelop, Khushi meekly said, "Sir this is for you".

Raising his eyebrows, "Are you scared already, another resignation letter? What new drama are you trying to create now?? WHAT is this Ms.Gupta??"

Thats it , bye for now,... sorry it was a short one...