Part 38

"Both of you, stay right there outside the door" Buaji commanded Khushi and Kushal. Shouting out, "Garima, get the aarti taal (Plate with red vermillion and water to discard evil eye)"

Once the aarti was done, both entered into the house. It was a joyous occasion for the Guptas to see their younger daughter return from foreign!!

"Aye Khushi, now you should not be running n flying around like a butterfly how you used to before. All these people will put buri nazar (evil eye) on you" Buaji was trying to explain to Khushi. Kushal's heart filled up with love looking at the scene. These things were new to Kushal and he enjoyed seeing his sister and he were getting. Oh how he loved the simpleton Buaji.

The wedding season was ON. Kushal and Khushi immediately began planning along with Payal, Shashi, Buaji and Garima.

"No Babuji, you will not do anything with regards to his issue, I and only I will look after all the financial aspects of the wedding. Please dont take this right away from me, How can you say a brother cannot do?" For once, the Gupta members saw how adamant and stubborn Kushal was.

Taking advantage of the situation, Kushal tried to convince them on, "So Babuji, amma and Buaji, let us also move out to a new apartment, the only reason being we can have more space for the wedding ceremony.." . He was taken aback when there was immediate refusal from all, which included Khushi too. Garima calmly explained "After the wedding we will think of it. It will be hard to move with all the wedding arrangements to be made" and Kushal had no choice but to agree.

With dates decided for the engagement to happen in a weeks time and the wedding four weeks after, Kushal made arrangements with his company to work from India. The engagement would happen at RM and a wedding hall was booked for the main ceremony.

"Yes Anjali ji, we arrived just a just a few hours ago " Khushi was heard talking to Anjali on the phone. "Definitely I will come over, you know Anjali ji, there is so much to discuss and prepare, oh I am so excited." There was equal match of excitement and happiness in Anjali as well. Oh how she loved all this. Suddenly Khushi whispered into the phone, "Anjali ji, just listen to this fun now..." and suddenly Khushi shouted, "Akash ji,.." only to see Payal running across to come to the phone. "Khushi pass the phone, I need to ask him something.." when Khushi winked, "Oh really Jiji, you will have to listen to me and do all that I say if you want to talk to him.."

Payal pretending to be angry, "Hey Khushi, I will give you one big smack, give me the phone" Khushi lifted the phone higher, with Payal finally agreeing, "Ok baba, give me now, I need to ask him something,".. Khushi coolly replied, "Jiji, it is Anjali ji. When did I say I was talking to Akash ji? You don't seem to be hearing any other name now a days" .. "you Khushi" Payal was heard shouting among the peels of laughter from Khushi and Anjali could well imagine the scene at the other end..

Managing office and preparing for the wedding was taking up all her time. She went for the dance practice in the evenings and knackered by the time she went to bed.. But, her nights were lonely and sad, since she missed a certain someone with chocolate brown eyes. Ever since he had apologised, both had kept away from each other. Khushi was moved when Shashi and Payal told them about his apology to the family members, and her yearning to see him now was more intense.

It was now confirmed that both knew that they had felt for each other. Well did they accept it? No. Did they want it? No. But hey, could they help it? Definitely No. And so, fair enough, they tried to maintain a certain distance. But with cupid playing tricks on them, could they maintain a distance? No again. Anjali and Nani were in full swing. You could probably add Devi maiyya into this list as well. All did not leave any stone unturned to create situations for them to be together. And on the other side was the two stubborn hearts.