Part 26

However both Arnav and Anjali were flabbergasted when Nani said "Anjali bitiya, you will see, nothing like that will happen. Khushi bitiya will not agree".

Anjali exclaimed, "Nani aap bhi!! (nani you too)" and looked at Arnav who had turned pale..

When Nani raised her eyebrows, Anjali explained, "Don't know Nani, Chote also said the same thing yesterday", Now now, if only, Nanis eyebrows could go even higher, it would definitely have!!

Anyway, Anjali was in mood to disclose all the information she had got at the temple. "You know Nani, Tomorrow, Kushal will apply for her passport, it is obvious isn't it, they have been separate all these years and he has to go again. So he was planning on taking Khushi for some time!!"

Both ladies turned when they heard "What the.. Di what about Khushi's work??"

Now, nani took the reigns and explained, "Chote, relax, things wont happen in an instant, they are only applying now. Come to think of it Chote, he has found his sister and family after years. They should spend some time isn't it. Wont you allow that to happen. And moreover when gets married, she will not be able to go leaving her husband. I spoke to Shashi, a very good man. They are actively seeking for both their daughters."

"Nani, I think I know something else" Anjali told all excitedly. Nani could see Arnav's ears straightened while trying to show disinterest all the while.. Anjali whispered into Nanis ears and Nani's eyes twinkled, "Really bitiya, this is very good news. It makes all the matters easy now. Thank you beta. Thank you"

The curious cat in the drivers seat was getting agitated. What did Di say to make Nani so happy. Has Di spoken about Karans proposal? When nobody spoke a word, he asked losing his patience, "Nani, you seem happy, what is it?" to which Nani smiled and said, "Arre,dont worry chote, you will not be interested. We wont irritate you with idhar udhar ki baatein about Guptas" (we wont disturb you with the news of the Gupta sisters)

"Nani, they are my employees, so it will affect me" argued Arnav

"Well, why will you be interested in their marriage , so dont worry, it will not affect you"

"But nani", he continued, but nani stopped him, "Chote, leave it, anyway you are not interested in marriage, so why , just leave it.!!"

Poor Arnav couldn't get the information!!, what could it be about their wedding, and started worrying. Getting frustrated, "Di, Nani I think you should stop worrying about others marriages and interfering in their matters" he grumbled.

After all had retired for the day, Arnav was mulling over all the happening of the day. His face was lined with concern when he thought of his Dis face when she came to the temple. Why was she crying? Why and where had she gone when all were at the temple. And nobody knew she was missing.

Not able to hold it any longer, seeing the light in his Dis room, he knocked to hear muffled cries from behind. Pushing the door, he went inside. Anjali tried to hide her tears, but Arnav was by her side holding her hands tight. "Di, you know I can't bear to see you cry, why Di what happened? Can you not tell your brother?"

Anjali tried to avoid saying "Chote nothing much, just remembering mamma". When Anjali voluntarily hugged chote, she could not hold herself and cried uncontrollable. Arnav knew something was wrong. Terribly wrong. He asked sternly, "Di, what is happening? You have to tell me. What has Aman got to do with all this?"

Anjali looked at him with surprise and pain in her eyes "How did he know" she thought. She still tried to brush it off saying, "Chote nothing much, he is trying to help in something, I will tell you later."