Part 9

Reaching the white SUV, ASR turned to face Khushi and asked "Tho kya mein booda hoon" (So am I too old?)

Khushi who could not stick the pieces together so quickly said confusedly "Ji kya matlab??" (Sorry, what does that mean??)

Not sure what to answer himself, ASR quickly walked over to drivers side.

Sitting in the passenger seat Khushi fumbled at her seat belt when she felt the heated breaths of Arnav right in front of her face trying to fix her seat belt. For a moment their eyes met and both froze at their closeness. He could see the fear in her quivering lips and unknown emotions in her eyes. Try as much, he could not make himself look away from her doe eyes. For the first time Khushi felt she missed a heart beat and did not know what was happenning.

However, their trans was broken with Khushis phone ringing.. Anger rose in him as ASR felt unknown emotions. "Main kya soch raha tha, Akhir kya ho raha hai " (What was I thinking even?? What is happenning)

Khushi answered Payal, "Jiji aap chinta mat karo, hum ASR sir ke saat abhi nikal reahe hai (Jiji you dont worry, ASR sir and I have just left) 

 Setting off towards Lakshminagar, all the while giving angry glares at Khushi he asked, "Tho tum Karan ke saat jaa rahi thi? kaise ja sakti ho tum, unhe jaante tak nahi (So you wanted to go with Karan eh? How can you go, you don't even know him?)

Not the one to take any blames, Khushi defended "Hum kab jaa rahe the? humne mana kiya tha (When was I going? I straight away refused)

He grit his teeth and said "Agar mein beech mein nahi bolta tho tum zaroor unke saath chalti, tum jaise ladki.. " (If I had not interrupted you would have definitely gone, Girls like you... Khushi's eyes glistened, giving him a pained stare, looked away through the window to wipe her eyes with the ends of her dupatta.

Not happy with himself for bringing tears in her eyes, and at the same time not happy with all the unknown emotions she invoked in him he sped. After some 5 minutes when he did not slow down, Khushis fear took over and without her knowledge, she bent her knees to foetal position, put her head in between and started mumbling "Mamma, Pappa, baba, dheere chalo, Mamma, Pappa, baba, dheere chalo (Mamma, Pappa, baba, go slow, Mamma, Pappa, baba, go slow)

Shocked to see Khushi in that state, Arnav stopped. Showing all his concern, he asked "Khushi tum teek ho? (Khushi r u ok?). Worried to hell, he was hesitatingly trying to touch her head when she slowly raised her head realising the car had stopped. She looked around dazed to recognise the surroundings, realising  her position, put her legs down and looked away. 

Arnav was too confused and scared. He had always seen the challenging and daring Khushi but not the vulnerable Khushi. Showing his concern, "Khushi kya hua? Tum teek ho? Kuch hua kya, please mujhe batao (Khushi what happened? Are u ok? Anything happened? Please tell me)

Looking blank, she replied, "Please aap gadi thoda dheere chalayiye (Please drive the car slowly)

Without any further argument, Arnav obeyed and soon reached Gupta house. He was not confident in letting Khushi alone, hence accompanied her to the door and knocked to hear what sounded just like his jijajis voice, "Buaji aap baitiye, hum dekhte hai (Buaji, you sit down, let me see)