5

Yoongi jerked out of sleep from the sudden burst of a siren blasting through his living room. The shrill sound bounced around the inside of his aching skull, and he sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes. When the sound didn't fade, he glanced at his phone on the small coffee table, and saw that it was an alarm. Hoseok had set an alarm on his phone to wake him up.

He groaned, running his fingers through his tangled hair and switching it off. However, the moment he put his phone back on the table, it went off again with the sound of a text message.

"Morning Yoongz, you start work in two hours, get ready and come to the lecture hall. I'll take you to where you need to be. You'll be paid well, don't worry. H"

Yoongi stared at the phone screen for a moment. He needed a job. He knew he needed a job, but why couldn't Hoseok find him something that wasn't to do with the piano? There was so many things within the music industry that he could do. He could even teach children how to read music, but to play with passion on a piano? 

He just couldn't do it. It was too painful. Yoongi grabbed his mostly empty bottle of whiskey from the table and finished it in two huge gulps, closing his eyes as the burn made its way down to his stomach. This was his last bottle, so he was going to have to go out to buy more later. But for now, he tapped a cigarette free from the box and went to the kitchen. He should probably eat something.

One o'clock came and went, and Yoongi just sat at his rickety kitchen table, ignoring all the phone calls and text messages from his friend. He sounded angry, and he expected him to come knocking once his shift was over at the university, but he didn't. Yoongi was blissfully alone.

---

"Gigi, you're so clumsy!" Isabellas laugh drifted through the room, sounding like bells in Yoongis ear as he tried desperately to clean up the mess he had made before his wife saw the extent of his accident.

However, she reached him and sighed, shaking her head with a smile, "I appreciate you trying to help, Yoongi," She said, crouching down beside him and taking the dustpan and brush from his hands, "But you should leave it to me. What if you cut your fingers?"

She had a point. He had knocked not one, not two or three, but four glasses from the counter. Each and every one of them had smashed, and luckily he wasn't hurt.

"Sorry, Izzy," He said sheepishly, "I didn't see them there,"

His love reached out and smacked the back of his hand when he tried to pick up a bigger piece of the shattered glass.

"Don't touch them, you," She laughed, "I'll do it. You have a performance, tomorrow, I don't want you bleeding all over the keys,"

Once the mess was cleaned up, with Yoongi just standing watching, he pulled his wife into his arms, kissing her lips gently.

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" She smiled, sliding her arms around his waist, "I'm not distracting you?"

"Yes," Yoongi agreed, tucking a stray hair behind her ear, "But I love watching you," She smiled and pulled away, taking her hand in his and tugging at him.

"How about I watch you play?" She said. He immediately smiled. He loved how his beautiful wifes face lit up just by watching him make music. It was what gave him life, and what made him play. It was what made him so passionate.

---

For the second time that day, Yoongi was jerked out of sleep by a loud sound. However, he knew that he had left his phone on silent, so upon further inspection, he realised that he had knocked his glass from the wooden tabletop. With a sigh, he got to his feet and collected the dustpan and brush from under the sink. He slowly cleared up the mess, hissing when he sliced his finger on the edge of the last large bit as he picked it up.

He tossed the rubbish into the bin and wrapped a plaster around his finger, before sitting back down at the table and reaching for his bottle.

"Shit," He muttered when it was lighter than he hoped it was, and he remembered that he had finished it before he sat down at the table. He stood up and a quick look at his watch told him that it had already gone seven in the evening.

After collecting his wallet from the living room, he forced his feet into the already done up converse and shrugged his jacket on.

The convenience store that stocked his favourite whiskey was quite a walk away, and it closed at half past eight. He would have to walk fast to get there before it closed, or there was no way in heaven or hell that he'd be able to get any kind of rest tonight.

He locked the door behind him and stuffed his keys into his pocket, beginning the long walk to the store.

His journey took him through an estate that was empty even of cars, and up the steep hill that went past the university. A further fifteen minutes, and he arrived at the store, just before closing time. He purchased five bottle of whiskey this time, two boxes of cigarettes and new lighter, because his one was useless.

He passed the university on his way back, the bottles of whiskey clinking in his bag, but came to a stop when he saw a familiar face standing outside a fancy looking black car. His watch told him that it was now gone eight in the evening, this girl shouldn't be at the university this late.

She seemed to be arguing with someone, but with that attitude, it didn't surprise him. His Isabella was not like her at all. She was calm, and always had a smile on her face. It was why he loved her so much. She was so positive in all situations.

Yoongi rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck, before continuing his walk home. The girl had gotten into the car and it had left before he reached him. By the time he got home, he was tired and thirsty, so as per his usual routine, he dropped on the sofa and cracked open one of the bottles. This time, he forgo the glass, and lifted the bottle to his lips.

As usual, the warm, amber liquid calmed him, and eased him into his dark slumber.

---

AN: Unedited as usual sozzzzzzzz