23

As Daisy touched her fingers on to the beautiful keys of the grand piano in Yoongis home, he stopped her.

"Don't play Fur Elise," He said, already knowing from the first note that she was going to play her mothers favourite, "Play something else. Something that describes how you feel right now,"

Daisy paused. She stared down at her fingers, trying to think of a song that described how she was feeling. She had to admit that she was a little excited to be sitting infront of such a magnificent instrument, but strangely enough, she still had Yoongis emotions whirling around inside her from the piece he just played. His playing was so powerful that it made her own emotions confused; which was something to note, as she felt as if her emotions had been locked up for a while, and she only felt anger. 

She also didn't want to sully this pianos history; it had so much love, so much sorrow and so many memories attached to it, that she wasn't sure she'd be able to do it justice.

"You're taking too long to think," Yoongi said, "That negates everything I just said. Play the first thing that comes into your mind. I expect you to start playing in the next few seconds,"

Daisy took a deep breath and pressed her fingers onto the keys without thinking. The first keys she touched reminded her of such a lovely song she had heard when she was younger that she just went with it, playing the piece.

The quality of sound from the piano, even when she played shocked her, and she became more confident in the sound as she continued to let her fingers do her talking. As she played, she closed her eyes, letting the music wash over her. It was no longer her having a lesson, with Yoongi standing behind her; it was just her and the notes floating around her head. Her fingers moved on their own playing a gentle, longing melody that she had never felt any relationship with until now.

The piece was short, and as she came to the melancholy end, without even realising she was doing it, her fingers pressed harder, making the notes ring louder through the silent room. She sang her hidden grief, and her longing for love and affection, but as she played the very last note, she allowed herself to realise that she was never going to receive that. Her father didn't love her. He didn't care. All he cared about was her playing the piano for his lost wife.

She lifted her fingers from the keys and kept her head down, until she felt a light touch on her shoulder.

"I understand," He said softly, "How lonely you are. It's a feeling I know all too well," He paused, "But don't you feel better? I only realised recently that being a pianist is a lot more than just playing the piano,"

Daisy looked back down at her hands.

"Expressing yourself through music is a way to deal with the pain," Yoongi said, standing up right and stepping away from her, "It's a way to move on. It's a way to honour those you have loved and lost. It's a way to honour yourself and tell the stories of your emotions in a way much more pure than other art," Yoongi took a deep breath and smiled at Daisy, shocking her. She had never seen him smile before.

"You did a good job. I knew you could do it,"

Even though one of the greatest pianists that Daisy had ever known was praising her, she still couldn't smile. The emotions from the piece that she had just played were still too fresh. After having been locked up for so long, she had finally let them go and she didn't know how to deal with them.

"You're twenty years old, right?" Yoongis sudden, almost random question shocked her, and she looked up, startled.

After a nod, Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair, "From experience, I know that this is probably not the best way to do things, but I think you need to have a drink,"

"A drink?" She asked softly. Even though she was legally allowed to drink, her father had never allowed her to have one.  

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Yoongi said quickly, "I really shouldn't be having that many, either, but I just thought..." 

He knew he shouldn't, but he wanted to get to know Daisy a bit more. After learning such a small bit of information about her, he was able to get her to play so much better. Maybe after one or two drinks, she would open up a little more, and he could further help her improve.

"I want one," Daisy said, getting to her feet suddenly, "I mean, I would like to have a drink, please,"

Yoongi smiled and opened the door to the room, "I'm not sure what you drink, though. I think I only have whiskey,"

"I'll drink the whiskey," Daisy said quickly. She had smelt her fathers whiskey once, and despised the scent of it, but at that moment, all she wanted was to relax.

"Alright," Yoongi said, "This way, then,"

---

AN: The music that Daisy played was "The Lonely Ballerina" By Michele McLaughlin