31.

Yoongi took a deep breath. He had been away from the university for a week or so and finally felt good enough to go back.

He clearly owed Daisy an apology, and he was going to give it to her. He needed to give her an explanation; he was rude and deserved every harsh word she had thrown at him. 

He was in a bad place and although he shouldn't have slept with her, he shouldn't have treated her like he did afterwards. He had broken her trust and crushed her emotions, when she already had such a hard time expressing herself. 

He had finally gotten her to open up to him, and honestly she had helped him so much in return. It had just taken him saying that one sentence about Isabella and he had ruined everything. 

The therapy had helped, and although he still felt himself holding on, he knew he was learning how to let go and move on. He just hoped how he had treated Daisy hadn't pushed back her progress so far.

Shoving the door to the university open, Yoongi made his way to Hoseok's lecture hall. However, when he opened the door, he could see that it wasn't just Hoseok as he was expecting. Daisy was there, with a tall and angry looking man that looked familiar.

As he got closer, he could hear the man talking angrily to Hoseok, who was looking a bit like a kicked puppy. He was clearly trying to stand up for his cause, but he wasn't getting anywhere with the stubborn man in front of him.

"Like I said, Mr Kim," Hoseok sighed, sounding as if he had repeated those words for the hundredth time already, "We encourage the students to play what they want. Music is a way to express emotion and tell stories. If she doesn't want to play a classical piece, then we shouldn't force her to,"

"What kind of school of music is this?!" The man yelled, "You promised me that Min Yoongi would be teaching her how to play, and she's sitting at home either playing trashy pop songs or not playing at all! How can you call yourself a teacher?"

"What was she playing?" Yoongi finally piped up, unable to stand Hoseok being spoken to so poorly. The three turned to look at him; Hoseok with a look of relief on his face and the man with anger. Daisy looked away as soon as they made eye contact.

"Who are you?" The man snapped, but Daisy answered.

"Save me, by Park Jimin,"

Yoongi hummed, "I wrote that trashy pop song," He looked at the man, "And it was a number one on the charts for roughly thirteen weeks in a row, so I don't think there is any reason to complain about that,"

The man narrowed his eyes as Hoseok grinned at him.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm your daughter's tutor," Yoongi said, "Min Yoongi, nice to meet you,"

The man scowled, surveying him from the converse on his feet to the scruffy black hair on the top of his head, "Are you joking? There is no way I'd believe that someone, as miskept as you, is the Min Yoongi,"

Yoongi smiled a little, "You want proof?"

The man folded his arms, "Can you give it to me?"

For the first time in a while, Yoongi grinned widely at the challenge. He hadn't felt so energized in a while, and turned to his friend, "Hoseok, you have your violin?"

"Of course,"

"Then let's go to the hall. If I'm going to perform, I want to use a grand piano,"

Once Hoseok had grabbed his violin, Daisy and her father followed them quickly to the performance hall, and Yoongi headed straight up to the stage and sat at the piano. He flipped the lid and stretched his fingers, before placing them on the keys.

"What are we playing?" Hoseok asked, holding his beautiful Stradivarius violin by the neck. The violin was his most prized possession, and he had told Yoongi before that if his violin and his friend both fell into the water, he would save his instrument.

"I don't know, yet," Yoongi smiled, looking up at his friend, "But isn't this exciting? We haven't played together in a while,"

Hoseok, although nervous of his friend's lack of a formulated plan, laughed, "You're right. You play and I'll accompany,"

He stepped away from the piano and waited patiently for Yoongi to begin. Daisy and her father were stood expectantly in front of the stage, and as soon as Yoongi began to play, Hoseok couldn't hold back his tears and his smile.

Hoseok recognised the piece immediately. It was a song that Yoongi had composed a few days after meeting Isabella for the first time. Except it was different. The notes still sounded the same to Hoseok, but the way he was playing made so many different emotions flow through his body.

When he lifted his violin to his shoulder, ready to play, he already knew that he would have to play differently too. 

Yoongis fingers danced on the keys, playing a melody of lost love. It wasn't longing, as before, and it wasn't romantic. It was deep and soulful, full of a whirlwind of emotions. He could feel the loss and the despair. But he could also feel the hope and the feeling of happiness and acceptance.

As soon as he touched his bow to the strings and drew it down, he enhanced the emotions of the piece. He was helping to gently raise Yoongi up from where he was, stuck at the bottom of a whiskey bottle unable to even help himself. 

But now he was full of hope and the desire to be happy. He was willing to let go of the past, but not forget. He could never forget, but he could move on and he could be happy.

He was climbing up a ladder out of the whiskey bottle and into his new life. He wasn't out yet, not completely, but he was on his way, and Hoseok wasn't going to let him fall.

Yoongis fingers danced and Hoseok could see the small, gentle smile on his face. He was letting go, he was moving on, he was trying to be happy.

And now that he was climbing up, Hoseok wouldn't let him fall. 

Their music combined beautifully, washing gently over the room like the incoming tide of the ocean. Hoseok closed his eyes as he played, letting Yoongi's emotions wash over him as he accompanied the beautiful melody and message that he was trying to portray.

As they came to the finale of the song, Yoongi finished the musical letter he had written for both himself and the world around him, and Hoseok gently ended the piece with his own note, as a promise to help Yoongi climb even further up. 

Min Yoongi was back, and this time, he was going to stay.

---

AN: This chapters piece is "Prisoner of Love" Piano theme. I'm not sure who it's performed by, I'm sorry.

The original song is actually by Utada Hikaru, which I love :) going back to my JPop routes recently omg

I'm sorry I don't update this as much as I used to, it's just that when I write this one in particular, I pour a lot of emotion into it, and it can be either exhausting or simply not good enough. It's quite a slow moving and frustrating fic, and I'm really sorry!

Here is the original. There is a ballad version, I just can't find it on youtube DX