41.

Yoongi had spent a day arranging the music for himself and Daisy, and spent the time writing the score as neatly as possible so Daisy would be able to read it. He was sure that she would only need to read it a few times before she remembered how to play it without the sheet music, so he didn't bother using the programme on his computer to do it properly.

He looked up from the final copy of the music when he heard the sound of his doorbell. He had asked Daisy to come to his to practice, as they didn't want anybody to overhear anything they were playing; it was a competition, after all.

"Hi," He smiled, opening the door and letting his student come in. She slipped her shoes off and went into the hallway, looking a little nervous.

"Last time I was here, it was a little..." She started, "Intense?"

"A lot happened," Yoongi agreed, "But we're different people now, and we aren't here to drink. Come on, I've already written the score,"

He led Daisy to the piano room and when she stepped inside, her eyebrows raised, "It's so different in here," She said, "It's bright and-"

"And all the boxes are gone," Yoongi finished, "I gave Isabella's belongings to charity," 

"I was going to ask," Daisy said, "I noticed your wedding ring is gone,"

Yoongi looked down at his empty finger. He lifted his hand with a sad smile, "Yeah. I know I didn't have to get rid of it, but I thought it would probably be the best way to move forward," He cleared his throat, "The score is at the piano already, do you want to give it a try?"

Daisy nodded and took a seat on the stool in front of the beautiful black grand piano. She gently touched the keys, running her fingers over them as she stared at the score, "This is brilliant," She said softly, "I'm looking forward to playing with you,"

"You know," Yoongi said, sitting next to her, "I've never performed on stage with anybody before. I've played with Hoseok and Bee, and I recorded with Jimin, but I've never actually done a performance with somebody before,"

"I know," Daisy said, still staring at the score, "I studied your work in school; well, they didn't mention Jimin, though. Just the classical stuff,"

"Oh," Yoongi laughed awkwardly, "Well, I have nothing to say to that. You play your piece first, and then we can try and play together,"

---

Daisy was tired by the time she got home. Yoongi was absolutely ruthless, and they had practised for hours before he finally told her she should probably go home. 

It was only then, however, that she had seen the true passion of Min Yoongi for the piano. He was so precise, so disciplined and invested in the piece that she knew that she had a long way to go before she was anything like him. He had said she could easily surpass him, but she wasn't too sure about that. Maybe she was good enough to perform with him, but to be better than him? That wasn't a realistic goal at the moment.

"I'm home," She called out wearily, closing the door behind her and dropping her bag on the floor. She was ready to collapse on her  bed, but she knew she should probably eat something, and maybe practice her solo piece a little. She wanted to make it perfect.

"You were out late," She lifted her head when she heard her fathers voice, and wandered towards the direction it came from.

"Where were you?" The curious question came at her as soon as she stepped into the kitchen. She breathed in as she smelled the delicious scent of food, and slid onto the seat at the breakfast bar.

"I was practicing," She said, reaching out for the plate of food her father placed on the table, "With Yoongi,"

Her father froze, "Min Yoongi?"

"Yes,"

"You're not giving up the piano?"

Daisy took a bite of the pasta and resisted the urge to groan. Despite all his faults, her father was amazing at cooking.

She shook her head, "I decided to continue. I guess I really do still love the piano-"

Daisy was cut off by her father wrapping his arms around her in a hug, squeezing her tight, "I'm so glad," He said, his voice emotional, "I was praying that you'd keep it up. I know I said you could stop, but I really didn't want you to,"

She patted his arm awkardly and he let go. He hadn't really shown her much affection before, and she wasn't quite sure how to react. The only person who had shown her affection, really, was her mother.

"I'm going to perform at the concert," She said as her father composed himself and sat down oposite her, "I'm going to open it with Yoongi. We're doing a duet,"

His eyes widened, "But he's never played with anyone before," He smiled a little, "I'm proud of you. What piece are you doing for your solo? Fur Elise?"

Daisy shook her head, "I'm playing a piece composed by Park Jimin. It's called Spring Day,"

"A pop song?" Her father said, narrowing his eyes a little. He paused, processing the information, and then smiled, "I bet you'll make it sound beautiful, anyway,"

Daisy finished the food quickly, and got to her feet, "I'm going to go and practice a bit before bed. I need it to sound perfect,"

"Don't stay up too late," Her father called after her as she left the kitchen.

She smiled a little, shaking her head. It was amazing how much people could change in such a short amount of time. All they had to do was open up, and they became new people.

Her father had gone from somebody who demanded she practice all night, to somebody who was telling her not to stay up too late.

She closed the door behind her, before sitting at the piano. She looked it over, feeling a little jealous of her tutors grand piano. It had a beautiful sound, and looked wonderful. Her piano was an old brown thing that wasn't shiny or good looking. But it was in tune.

"It's not the instrument," She said, pressing her fingers down, "It's the person who plays it,"

---

AN: This chapters piece is "Airplane pt 2" BTS piano cover by DooPiano.

Sorry the chapter is a little slow