42.

"Gigi,"

Yoongi groaned and pulled the covers up over his head. He was so tired; he had been working so hard lately that when he got home, he collapsed onto the bed and instantly fell into a deep sleep.

"Gigi," The voice was more insistent, and he felt a dip in the bed.

"Izzy," He muttered, "Just ten more minutes, baby, then I'll get up,"

"It's okay, Gigi," He heard the bed sheets rustle and felt a soft kiss on his cheek, "I'm proud of you," The sweet sound of her voice whispered in his ear and he couldn't help but smile. 

Without opening his eyes, he turned, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her so she was laying in his grasp.

"Why are you proud?" His voice was deep from sleep, and he smiled when he felt Isabella's soft fingers stroke down his face.

"Because of everything you've done. It must have been hard, but you did it anyway. You're so strong, Yoongi. I'm so proud to have met you. You made my life so happy,"

Yoongi, his eyes still closed, frowned, "What do you mean? I haven't done anything worthy of those kinds of words,"

He felt her plump lips press a gentle kiss on the tip of his nose, "My life was good with you. I was happy, even at the end. But it hurt me to see you in so much pain Yoongi. Now that you have finally let me go, I can move on. I'll wait for you, my love, but don't come to me yet. You have so much more time left, so please don't waste it,"

He frowned, his eyes still closed. Isabella's lips pressed against his, her small hands cupping his cheeks.

"I love you. Be happy,"

---

Yoongi's eyes snapped open as he bolted upright. He reached up, touching the hot tears that were running down his face in confusion. His heart was aching but he didn't know why. With a sigh, he shifted so his legs were hanging off the side of the bed. 

He had been sleeping in the bedroom for a few weeks now, as he didn't need alcohol to help him fall asleep anymore. As he pushed himself up, his barefoot hit something cool on the floor.

"Oh?" He muttered, bending down. The smiling faces of him and Isabella on their wedding day smiled up at him, "Why's this on the floor?"

He still hadn't put it in a new frame, so it had been just sitting on his bedside table. He smiled, running his finger down the image.

"I  miss you, Izzy," He sighed, "I hope you're doing well, wherever you are,"

"I love you. Be happy,"

His eyes widened and he looked around the room. He could have sworn he heard a voice. The sound whistled through the room again, and he rolled his eyes.

"The window's open," He muttered, heading to the other side of the room and sliding the glass shut. He scratched his fingers through his hair and placed the photo back next to his bed before making his way to the bathroom for a shower.

He had told Daisy to practice her own piece at home before the concert just a few times, and then relax for the rest of the day. If she was too tense, she would only focus on her nervousness, and she would make mistakes. The point of their pieces was to convey their emotions to the audience, and they couldn't do that if they had no emotions to show.

Yoongi spent the day playing the solo piece for the closing of the concert. He had chosen to play one of Jimin's songs, as it was energetic and would bring people's moods up before the results of the competition were announced. He had also composed the music, so it would be nice to finally perform one of his own songs in front of an audience.

However, the later it got into the day, the more he had doubts about the piece he had chosen. It was a beautiful sounding song, just like most of Jimin's, but somehow it didn't feel right. As he stood in front of his wardrobe, he looked over to the photo on the edge of his bedside table.

"No," He said with a smile, "My first performance back on the scene should be something more meaningful,"

"Yoongi!"

He turned his head at the sound of his friend's voice, "In here!"

Hoseok poked his head around the door of his bedroom. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a black bowtie and was looking very smart.

"Hi, Yoongi," Bee was with him, wearing a beautiful floor length black dress with little sparkly bits on it; he wasn't sure exactly what to call it, but it looked like she was wearing the night sky. It fit her very well.

"You ready? Jimin's in the car waiting,"

Yoongi nodded and pulled his tuxedo jacket on over his white shirt. It had been a while since he had worn this and he felt a little constricted.

"Let's go,"

The ride to the university took a little longer than they were expecting, as somehow news about Jimin being there to watch had spread, and there were paparazzi everywhere. However, there was a lot more excitement about Yoongi performing again, for the first time in over two years, so to avoid any attention, they all went in through the other entrance of the school and walked through the building.

Jimin went to take his seat, wishing Yoongi luck, and the pianist went to find his partner backstage.

"Daisy," She turned when she saw him, looking extremely nervous. However, it wasn't her nerves that he noticed, as much as her appearance. He had never seen her look so neat and dressed up.

She was wearing a black dress that reached just below her knee, flared out a little at the bottom with a white sash around her waist. The bodice had white flowers down one side, disappearing under the sash and then down to the bottom on the opposite side. Her hair was down; shining black and gently curled, sitting over both her shoulders.

"Wow," He smiled, "You look great, Daisy,"

"Thanks," She muttered, pulling at the dress, "It was my Mums. My Dad made me wear it,"

"You'll do her proud," He said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

She nodded as the chatter of the audience died down and he heard Hoseok's voice welcoming them.

"This is us," Yoongi whispered as the welcomes turned to introductions, "Are you ready?"

Daisy took a deep breath, "I'm ready,"

"Then, let's do this,"

The audience cheered as the pair walked straight on to the stage and sat at the black grand piano that was sat in the centre of the stage.

Every single seat in the auditorium was full, and he could see both Jimin and Bee smiling in the front seat, looking more excited than anyone else at the prospect of them performing.

Daisy and Yoongi both lifted their fingers, getting themselves ready to begin. Yoongi wasn't nervous. He was exhilarated;  he could recall all the different emotions he used to feel while playing in front of an audience, and he was glad that his first time back on the stage was with his student. The emotions whirled around in his head, making his heart pump. He smiled a little.

Organised chaos. Just like Daisy had said.

Daisy looked at him, waiting for his signal. He gave one barely noticible nod, and they began to play.

---

AN: This piece is "The Truth Untold", BTS cover by DooPiano