39

"Actually," Daisy said, "That's what I wanted to talk to you about,"

"Okay," Yoongi said, waiting patiently for her to speak.

She looked up at him, tears in her eyes, "My father told me I could quit the piano," She said, the tears contrasting heavily with the smile on her face, "He said he was sorry for forcing me to do it for so long, and that he should have been less selfish,"

"Right," Yoongi said, fear shooting through his heart. If Daisy quit, she would be wasting so much talent. She had a gift for music, and he didn't want that to just go down the drain; all this time training and perfecting her playing she had finally made a breakthrough. However, making her continue with

"But," She said, snapping him out of his worrisome thoughts, "After he said that, I felt weird. He said I could pursue my art and even join a university to learn how to hone my skills," She paused, leaning down to pull her sketchbook out of her back. She opened it up and flipped through to the right page, "I drew this without even realising it," 

She held the book out and Yoongi took it from her, turning it to have a good look at the page.

His eyes widened when he saw the beautiful image sketched out on the paper in front of him. The detail was astonishing; gorgeous curves and dead straight lines with perfect shading and colouring on all the important parts. The drawing gave off a feeling of pure love and need, and it made Yoongi's eyes fill with tears.

"This is my piano," He said softly, gently running his fingers along the curved line of the propped open lid.

Daisy nodded, "I drew it how I imagined you saw it," She said, "And I didn't even realise I was doing it. As soon as my father left the room, I saw what I drew, and I had the urge to play,"

Yoongi looked up as she smiled, "I don't know why, but I want to play. But not for anybody but myself. Is that selfish?"

He looked back down at the drawing in front of him, "No," He said softly, "It's not selfish. You can't tell a story if you don't love it, right? I stopped playing because I thought I played for Isabella. It took me two years to realise that I didn't play for her, I played for myself. I loved her reactions to my music and how she would smile or relax. But if you think about it, it wasn't for her, was it? I played because I enjoyed how she reacted. That is how you should play, too,"

He raised his eyes to look at her, "I've said it so many times before. Music is a story, a tale of emotions and events that can be interpreted in many ways by the one listening. It is up to the storyteller to create the music that you want people to hear and understand. You can play the happiest song in the world, but if you don't feel the joy, neither will the one listening,"

Daisy nodded, "I understand that, now. I guess I should be thanking you,"

Yoongi smiled a little and looked back down at the drawing. It reminded him so much of when he had first seen the piano, set up in the large home he had shared with Isabella.

"Did I ever tell you about my piano?" He asked, not looking up at her, "About how I got it?"

"I vaguely remember you saying it was a gift," Daisy said, "But apart from that, I only know it's a Bechstein. A very expensive Bechstein,"

Yoongi hummed, "Yeah. It was a gift from my father-in-law. He brought it for us as a wedding gift, although I suppose it really was just for me, and not Izzy. We couldn't have a proper honeymoon because of all my different performance dates, so when we were in Germany for my final performance, he had it delivered and set up. When we got back I burst into tears when I saw it,"

He smiled fondly at the memory. Isabella was laughing as he cried. His in-laws looked so happy as he clung to their daughter, tears streaming down his face. He was embarrassed and shocked and so full of emotions that they told him something that he would remember for the rest of his life.

"You have so many emotions right now, Yoongi, that you obviously don't know how to let them all out. Why don't you just play, and express yourself that way?"

He had always known, of course, that playing your instrument was a form of expressing yourself, but he had never actually thought of literally playing his feelings.

"I didn't want to touch it," He continued, "It was so beautiful, and so ridiculously expensive, that I was afraid I'd ruin it. But they insisted," He laughed a little, "It was so embarrassing. I was crying while I played. Isabella was laughing at me,"

"What did you play?" Daisy asked curiously, looking at the way Yoongi was staring at her art.

"Turkish March," He said, "It was Izzy's favourite, and it was just perfect to explain how I was feeling,"

There was silence in the room before Yoongi spoke again, "Anyway, I'm glad you decided to continue, I really am,"

"Yoongi," Daisy stood up and took the sketch pad from him. She delicately pulled the page from the book and handed it to him, "You can have it. As a thank you. I will draw you a better one in the future, though, if you want,"

Yoongi's eyes widened and he took the paper from her fingers, "I can?" She nodded, and he smiled so brightly that she thought she was going to go blind. It was such a beautiful, genuine smile that she knew he was happy with her offer, "Thank you!"

"It's nothing," She said, a faint blush on her cheeks. She had never seen anyone so pleased with a piece of her art before; not that she had ever willingly shown anyone. It made her feel a sense of pride and completion, and she wondered if she could make someone feel that way with her music as well.

"So," Yoongi said, clearing his throat, "What do you want to play together, then? We don't have long before the concert, and you have two pieces to practice,"

---

AN: This piece is "Last Dance" Big Bang Piano cover by Doopiano